This page is designed to propose and discuss the possible names for a family tree wiki and the advantages/disadvantages of each.
- My suggestions would be: WikiGenea (pronounced wiki-genie; I like this one), WikiTree, or FamilyWiki (not so sure about this one). Saccerzd 09:39, 27 March 2006 (UTC)'
The word Rodovid is the English version of the Ukranian word родовід which means Ancestry/Pedigree. Several people have commented on the lack of the wiki prefix, dicuss.
- I like Rodovid. Sounds great, unusual.--18.104.22.168 01:54, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- per 22.214.171.124 --126.96.36.199 09:05, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
I would prefer this over wikigenes Saccerzd 21:49, 30 March 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with Saccerzd. Carsrac (talk) 21:46, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
I love the sound of it! Ruilopes 12:52, 13 June 2006 (GMT)
- Not for a WMF project. Carsrac (talk) 21:46, 11 April 2014 (UTC)
Site already exists at wikitree.org but a merge between the two sites is planned and this is the name that will be used.
- Just to clarify, you're saying that Wikitree and Rodovid are in merger negotiations? Chadlupkes 14:29, 4 April 2006 (UTC)
- Well, yes. Baya, creator of Rodovid is pro merge and virtualy all the users who have commented are too. The thing we're waiting for at the moment though is for Wikitree's creator Tjfulopp to comment: he doesn't visit the site much. Hopefully we should be able to sort out an IRC chat and sort it out then but its still in the planning stages.--Bjwebb 14:06, 12 April 2006 (UTC)