== Recommended size == At least 5 people minimum. Note that if you have more than 25 people, we recommend you have an experienced Facilitator run the discussion, or have additional facilitation support to better manage small group work and questions.
== Room setup == Have 5 flip chart stations around the room, one for each theme. Post the theme titles and text (one per station). Have sticky notes and markers available. (prepare print-outs of the 5 themes)
[link to come: Print-out of 5 themes]
== Overview agenda == During a 3-hour discussion, participants will do the following:
- Explore the five themes and rank order the importance of each for the movement, and explain why
- For the most important 1-3 themes to your group, explore:
- The impact on the world that this theme will have
- What would make them stronger
- Who could be potential partners
- Discuss what we should stop doing in order to focus the work on the most important theme
- Summarize your key findings to share out with the other organized groups and community
Timing: If you are a smaller group (5-10 people), you most likely can move through the agenda faster. If you only have 2 hours, we have noted where you can reduce time.
== Detailed agenda == Here is a recommended agenda for the discussion. While you may choose to run the conversation differently, this has been designed for your use.
- Depending on how many people are attending, you may want to break into multiple sub-groups. We have noted what parts lend themselves to this type of break out.
- If the group is 5-9 people, we recommend you keep it whole group throughout
- If the group is 10+ people, we recommend you use a mix of whole group and small group work. Small groups are generally best at 3-5 people each. This allows for deeper discussion followed by sharing with the whole group.
- The Discussion Coordinator should identify a Facilitator BEFORE the session, so that the Facilitator can prepare and is ready to lead the discussion. (The Discussion Coordinator can also choose to be the Facilitator but this is not a requirement.) The other roles can also be identified beforehand, to save time, or at the beginning of the discussion. However, please try to be inclusive and ask for volunteers.
|PREWORK||Encourage all participants to do the following as prework:
Prepare for the discussion
|15 min||Reflection (individual activity)
|60 min||Exploring the 5 themes
|50 min||Prioritization and building arguments (rationales)
|15 min||Share out (3 min per)
(while not official voting, this will give a sense of which themes are most important to each organized group)