Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/தமிழ்க்குரிசில்
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- My Primary Wiki and favorite is Tamil Wikipedia.
- I have added 2000+ articles and my edits have crossed 23000 so far.
- I participated in Wikipedia Asian month and another article creation contest in 2013 and won second prize in that contest.
- I am an active admin in this wiki and have participated in Wci 2016 and small meetups.
- Most of my contributions like article deletion, article creation, expansion of articles are done here. I mostly add articles related to geography, culture and computer science.
- Got appreciations from fellow wikians for good participation and encouraged new users to contribute further.
- I have attended Wikidata session and improved it by including various properties to each title. My edit count is close to 6500.
- Other Indic Wikis
- Welcoming new users, check for spam, communicate in wiki embassies, Disambiguating links,
What type of support you need
- Internet - A basic 3G Internet pack of 500 MB or more per day would be sufficient.
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop) My internet pack doesn't have enough speed and sufficient data, and whenever I don't have sufficient data, I can't contribute further. Note: I have already received this support some years back from Wikimedia with the help of Tamil wiki community. Later, When I had sufficient funds, I stopped getting the support. Now, I require it again. My contributions at that time were as normal and was appreciated by Tamil Wiki community.
How will you use this in the next six months?
- To create articles related to Tamil literature, Books and computing
- Add images of important sites in my district.
- Add recorded audio files (folk songs) and videos in Wikimedia commons.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- I know his contributions to Tamil Wikipedia very well. He is a good and continuous contributor. I strongly support his application to get a basic 3G Internet pack of 500 MB or more per day.--Nan (talk) 05:48, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- i strongly support this request.--சஞ்சீவி சிவகுமார் (talk) 07:18, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- --Info-farmer (talk) 16:38, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Sivakosaran (talk) 15:16, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support --BALA. RTalk 12:08, 23 February 2018 (UTC)