Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/gautam.indrus
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
- ... I rarely tried sign in on Wikipedia. I preferred to edit articles anonymously.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)
Having a laptop will help me to study more and collect data on internet. This will help me to increase my knowledge. As much I'll study that much I can be able to contribute on Wikipedia.
How will you use this in the next six months?
I am a Russian-Hindi-Sanskrit-English translator. I really feel bad to see poor condition of my mother tongues on Wikipedia. In Hindi, we have very less standard articles available at Wiki. I have published more than 50 poems translated from Russian to Hindi by me on different newspapers, Web-zines and Kavita Kosh. I also edited a book on Russian literature in Hindi, published in India by the help of Russian Government. I am really and seriously interested to work with Wikipedia on voluntary basis.
For next six months, my minimum target will be :
- Translation of 51 articles from English to Hindi
- Provide at least 51 new articles in Hindi language related to Russia and CIS countries' culture, History, Politics and Literature
- I see so much grammatical errors and spelling mistakes in Hindi and Sanskrit articles. It would be my target to edit 4-5 Hindi articles per week.
- Finally, I will give minimum 2-3 hours per day for Wikipedia and make it my permanent hobby to contribute more topics on the world's largest encyclopedia.
Community discussion and endorsements
This project will turn me to an active Wikipedia Volunteer