Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/uksharma3
- I wish to withdraw this request as I am about to get an apple laptop in a few days. Therefore, remove my name in order to give chance to another deserving applicant. Thanks for all who supported my request.
- I do not know the procedure to withdraw. May be this page could be deleted by an admin. --Uksharma3 (talk) 02:15, 5 February 2018 (UTC)
- Wikipedia username
- Email (optional)
Please tell us which existing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, etc.) and language versions you are contributing to, and some of your best contribution towards the project and movement. Please add relevant Wiki/external link wherever applicable
Selected contribution details
- Doctor Savithri that I created (and of course supported by fellow Wikipedians) was selected for Did you know section on the home page of en.wiki.org.
- I was granted auto-patrolled status on 7 April 2017. I write articles on Tamil films, specially that were released between 1930 and 1970 and on Tamil film personalities both in English and Tamil languages.
- I have written articles in ta.wikipedia on prominent educationists, Carnatic musicians and the like from both Indian and Sri Lankan Tamil communities. My article in Tamil, தி. சதாசிவ ஐயர் (T. Sathasiva Iyer) was exhibited on the front page on January 5, 2014 of ta.wikipedia.org.
What type of support you need
Why do you need this support (Internet and/or laptop)?
The laptop I use now (Acer Aspire 4739Z) is more than 7 years old and it has defects. As the keyboard is not working, I use an external keyboard. The fan is noisy (was replaced two years ago). The battery has to be replaced.
How will you use this in the next six months?
I am a senior citizen staying at home supported by my children. I contribute articles to both Tamil and English Wikipedia. When possible I upload images related to Tamil films to the Commons. I also manage a group on Facebook that is devoted to the hobby of listening to old Tamil film songs. As some persons who are directly or indirectly connected to the Tamil film industry are members in this group, it also serves me as a source to get information about old Tamil films that I use to create, develop or enhance articles in Wikipedia.
Community discussion and endorsements
Please keep the discussion friendly, and note number of endorsement may not be the only way to assess an application's merit
- Support uksharma3 a valuable contributor in Tamil & English Wikipedias. Strong support.--Kanags (talk) 09:49, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support persistent and dedicated to his work on Wikipedia. --Kailash29792 (talk) 18:23, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Booradleyp1 (talk) 14:17, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support--Info-farmer (talk) 16:30, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support A valuable contributor in Tamil and English Wikipedias. Strong support.--Selvasivagurunathan m (talk) 08:28, 2 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support A valuable contributor. I know his continuous contribution in Tamil wiki through his participation in the recent Tamil wiki contest.--Kalaiarasy (talk) 10:51, 3 February 2018 (UTC)
- Support A valuable contributor for Tamil and English wikipedia. Strong support.--Rsmn (talk) 11:59, 3 February 2018 (UTC)