Talk:Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Yuri Astrakhan (yurik)
Unfortunately we didn't have time to write in time, but still: Wikimedia UG Georgia fully supports the candidacy of Yuri:
At the official media meeting (via Skype) Board of the Wikimedia UG Georgia on 30 April 2019, the Board Members unanimously decided:
- To endorse the candidacy of Yuri Astrakhan in the election of the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF), due to the following reasons:
- We believe that Yuri will be able to make a difference in the Board of Trustees of WMF, when Board Members are torn off and don't know what members of the Wikimedia project community need.
- Yuri was a member of the Wikimedia staff, so he can easily adapt to a new space and continue to work in good faith.
- Yuri is a multicultural person who lived and worked in different communities, so he knows the needs of different communities very well.
- Yuri is a professional programmer who makes a great contribution to the development of Wikimedia projects and with his contribution helps us, the members of the Wikimedia project team.
- Yuri is a sociable and friendly person.