Talk:CIS-A2K/Events/Mini TTT Kolkata 2019/Feedbacks/Mouryan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hello, thanks for participating in Mini TTT Kolkata 2019. This is the feedback time.
For private feedback, send an email to titocis-india.org. For unidentified feedback, please use this form
Please share your detailed feedback below:
- Please summarize your experience in this conference in 2-3 sentences? (How was your experience, was it helpful? Be innovative! You may write in text, or upload a video/audio etc)
- A: I had co-organised and participated in the Mini TTT and MWT Kolkata 2017 back in January 2017. Mini TTT, Kolkata 2019 was not only going be to be a great, informative event but was also going to be an opportunity for me to come face to face with fellow contributors. The event was meticulously planned, superbly executed. Right from the moment, the attendee checked in to the hotel all the necessary arrangements were absolutely in place. Also, the venue chosen was such that it was pretty convenient to reach from virtually anywhere in the city. The venue had pretty big, comfortable rooms for staying and the conference hall had a decent capacity. Everything from projectors to speakers to extension cables was available for smooth conduction and running of the Event. There were tea breaks in between, strategically timed to unwind after some amazing engaging and mind-intensive sessions.
- In a scale of 1–5 (where 1 means the lowest and 5 means the highest), would you join a similar conference in future and why? (write in details, please)
- A: 5 out of 5. Lots to learn. This Event actually ignited the interest in me to better contribute to Wikidata. Ever since I participated in the event, I have been constructive edits to Wikidata. The session about editing Wikisource was another highly informative and interesting session. All sorts of queries which I hitherto had about editing Wikisource were adeptly cleared by User:Bodhisattwa and User:Jayantanth. I will also be taking part in the ongoing Rabindra Editahon on Bengali Wikisource.
- Please explain in details what went well during the conference?(write in details, please)
- A:The Event was really well planned and executed. I personally feel that the time was utilized to its fullest and we lost very little to no time in logistical hindrances and other matters. The sessions were all really useful and placed sequentially. The Query session by User:Titodutta, the sessions about Commons and Copyrights by User:Yann, the session on Wikisource by User:Jayantanth and finally the session on Wikidata by User:Bodhisattwa (with User:Mahir256 joing over VC from Illinois, States) were all highly information-rich, easily comprehesible and thoroughly interesting ones.
- Please explain in details what would you have liked to be different and why?(how could we improve the conference, write in details, please)
- How do you plan to use and share your learning in near future?
- A: I could already share some of the learnings at the Mini TTT, Hyderabad 2019 which followed immediately a week later. I shared some of the inputs on Query and policies and guidelines to edit Wikipedia (enwiki & tewiki) with the new editors who participated in the event at Hyderabad. I have committed to sharing with them and training them on Wikdata basics and on editing Wikpedia in Telugu and other Indic languages.
- Do you have anything to share?
- A:I'd like to wholeheartedly thank CIS-A2K User:Titodutta User:Ananth subray User:Jayantanth User:Bodhisattwa and everyone responsible for organizing such a beautiful, well-planned and executed event to let be a part of this event. Special thanks to User:Tarunsamanta also for planning & initiating this Mini TTT. Through the course of this event, I met some amazing volunteers like User:Yann, User:Jayprakash12345 from whom I learned various new tools, gadgets and other methods to better contribute to Wikipedia & Sister projects. I certainly believe all the outcomes from the Event which were imagined were realised. Hope to take part in similar educational and informative events in the future.