- Looks like Peter's got this one sorted.
Total raised via mobile?
- We did not run full mobile campaigns in the 2013-2014 fiscal year. We really only starting experimenting with low level mobile testing in limited countries. We raised roughly half a million USD from mobile testing. This number will be larger for the next fiscal year as we run full mobile campaigns worldwide. MeganHernandez (WMF) (talk) 14:44, 17 October 2014 (UTC)
These numbers are simply impressive! Congratulations for the fundraising team and all the volunteers and staff who keep the site running! Wikipedia model just give me hope. --Tom (talk) 21:39, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks for taking a look and for your supportive note! MeganHernandez (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
It's clear that of the $51 million in total donations, $14 million came from non-individual contributions. Prima facie, this would mean grants or large gifts from charitable foundations & rich people. Would you identify the sources & amounts of these contributions? -- Llywrch (talk) 15:39, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Funds received outside of the online campaigns came from a combination of major gifts and transfers from the chapters that processed payments locally (Wikimedia Germany and Wikimedia Switzerland). Roughly $7 million was raised through major gifts during the 2013-2014 fiscal year. We do publicly list information for major donors who wish to share their information on our benefactors' page.MeganHernandez (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
Of those 39,232 emails, how many were in languages other than English and across how many languages were they? A per-language breakdown at least for the 10 most frequent languages would make me super-happy but I can also content myself with aggregates. :) --Nemo 18:04, 15 October 2014 (UTC)
- Roughly half of the emails we received were in English and the rest were a mix of non-English languages. We do not have a complete language breakdown available to share. MeganHernandez (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks. And in what languages did you reply? You should be able to tell how many languages you are/were able to speak. :) --Nemo 09:47, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- We'll keep this talk page focused on the 2013-2014 report & follow up separately on the other report.MeganHernandez (WMF) (talk) 21:08, 20 October 2014 (UTC)
- I was also going to ask the amount of money fundraised per country. That is an interesting data. --Tom (talk) 16:32, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
Any data on what ages were donating?
I was wondering if we could see the data divided into age groups to see what age groups/generations are donating most often, donating the biggest sums per individual, donated the largest total amount. Thanks.