Please add your thoughts regarding the 2010 Fundraising Survey here. Rand Montoya 19:34, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- 1 Translation phase questions (phase completed)
- 2 Testing phase questions
Translation phase questions (phase completed)
Testing phase questions
This page is used for comments and corrections for the testing phase of the 2010 Fundraising Survey. We are closing the testing phase on July 27th, 2010. The survey is scheduled to launch in early August. Thanks for your time and help. Rand Montoya 18:46, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
Will the question about "were you aware you had the ability to donate to a national chapter" be confusing to those who don't actually have that option? I'm thinking of donors from the U.S. -- a big chunk of the pool. I notice the demographics question re: nationality comes after the chapters questions in the survey. Thoughts? -- phoebe 17:02, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
Just to clarify, the donors will get a URL linking to the survey in their native language (and not English) in the e-mail, right? It would also be nice if we had a language switch on the first page (http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=27415&newtest=Y&lang=de), just in case they want to switch there. Cbrown1023 talk 23:13, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
Formal/informal tone clash on Hungarian
The survey questions were translated in informal tone (same as used in the Wikipedia interface) while the survey software's prompts ("please choose one") are in the formal tone. I wonder if you have access to the translation files of the survey software so we could change this one or two strings that are in the imperative mood. Otherwise it might be advisable that we rewrite the survey questions, however this would be a much larger task. --Dami 19:00, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
(4:04:44 PM) Casey Brown: A few languages have two translations, btw (formal and informal): http://www.limesurvey.org/en/contribute/translations-status
(4:05:14 PM) Casey Brown: So you could probably just translate the strings we use in the survey and save it as hu-informal.
(4:06:26 PM) Bence Damokos: I'll see what I can do - the WMF will still have apply the translation file manually
(4:07:05 PM) Casey Brown: Yeah, I think they'd be able to do that.
- Cbrown1023 talk 20:08, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
Question 12 font
Does questions 12 have a different font on purpose?--Dami 20:21, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
- There was an issue with the way the text was copied and pasted into the survey software. I've fixed it in the actual survey, but not in the testing version which was setup for you guys to review. (I don't seem to have access to the "test" one.) --Az1568 (talk) 21:29, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
Question 28 - country list not translated
The list of countries is not translated (nor do I know where it comes from to remedy at least partially the situation). --Dami 20:28, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
- We had decided to not translate the list of countries for this survey. But if you if you really would like to translate it, I've placed a copy of it here. --Az1568 (talk) 21:38, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
- I think that at least the most likely country for a given language should be translated (e.g. France should be in French in the French version of the survey).
- I have translated the list into Hungarian here.
- Note, that Ethiopia is missing an "i" in the English version. --Dami 21:56, 24 July 2010 (UTC)
Remarks to the fr:translation
Quite lot of change, so I've edited a specific page : Talk:Fundraising 2010/Survey/Translation/fr.
Introduction page to question 16 Done. Thierry/TCY 01:57, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
question 17 to end Done
but some questions dot not appear . Thierry/TCY 17:52, 25 July 2010 (UTC)