Talk:Interwiki sorting order/Archives/2009
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in 2009, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date. See current discussion or the archives index.|
New iw sorting policy on sr.wp: Where to put this?
There is a new iw sorting policy on sr.wp, as:
The algorithm does the following:
- Try to transliterate the language name (or one its variant), as written in original, to the local alphabet
- If successful, use this transliteration as sorting key
- If not, use the language code as sorting key
Languages are being sorted by these keys, and within the order of the local alphabet.
- would say it's other. added it there. someone should inform the developers of the python-framework if not done yet. --AwOc 16:28, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
Reducing the number of exceptions
I don't understand why we have exceptions for 7 wikis (so far). It's like some wikis get the right to have their favorite sister wiki or something. IMHO we should allow any exceptions based on local alphabet or similarity. More editors are used in browsing through the list of interwikis in a specific order. Thanks, Magioladitis 21:12, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
- Even bringing ENFirst upto a top level used one... Reedy 21:15, 24 November 2009 (UTC)