Talk:List of Wikipedias by speakers per article
Is it possible to update this page more often? --Postrach 16:22, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
Could you please help me in placing Samogitian wikipedia statistical table here? I ahve placed it there, but it just don't look right. Tomas from Samogitia.
- The statistics looks crippled after update!! For example Esperanto has twice as little alleged speakers than Norwegian, and almost the same number of articles (not twice as little). Nonetheless, Norwegian is rated higher as Esperanto. Why? Alaudo 23:34, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
Could you please add the number of users, it would be usefull !--Jauclair 17:18, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
- 1 Fresh generation
- 2 Improving the usability of the stats
- 3 Missing languages
- 4 How about "Articles per 1000 speakers" ?
- 5 Volapuk language conflict
- 6 Automatic update of the list
- 7 Articles/thousand speakers
- 8 Uncorrect count of Malagasy speakers
- 9 One more list needed
- 10 Sort
- 11 Scottish Gaelic
- 12 updates
- 13 Number of speakers of Latin
- 14 Taraškievica Belarusian error.
- 15 Edits per Speakers
A more up to date generation of this table would be interesting, and is needed if this page can continue to be at all accurate; the currently displayed data is five months old. ----Anonymous DissidentTalk 16:39, 21 June 2008 (UTC)
Improving the usability of the stats
For artificial languages like Volapük and Esperanto, instead of the "x" wouldn't it make sense to assume that there are at least as many speakers as there are registered users?
On antother note, the column sort function is meaningless in the numerical columns as it sorts alphabetically rather than numerically. StaySeven 01:51, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- I changed the "?" for Latin and Simple English to 0, which fixes the alphabetic sort. Apparently, it only sorts numerically if all the data in the column is in fact numeric.era 15:43, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
I don't find here Sater Frisian (stq) and North Frisian (frr), although both have over 1.000 articles. --Pyt 15:32, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
- That's because only languages with over 10,000 articles are listed. --Iketsi 18:08, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
How about "Articles per 1000 speakers" ?
Wouldn't it be more logical to put it that way instead of "Speakers per article"? Because, for instance, more often the number of articles increases than there are changes of the number of speakers... --Lu Wunsch-Rolshoven 13:03, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- I had the same idea a few days ago, so I added a column called Articles per speaker --Iketsi 18:08, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
Volapuk language conflict
- A user is someone who opened a page in Volapük at least once. An account is created automatically and the number doesn't mean anything relevant. Look at Active users instead, for a list of those who contributed at least once in the past 30 days. Volapük usually has around 50-60 active users these days. -Iketsi 20:24, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
Automatic update of the list
Is there any way to make the updates of the list automatic? I mean, to be faster, because this list is no longer true, and there are special TAGs that say you the number of articles one Wikipedia has. Example: Wikipedia:10 wikipedia con más artículos --Living001 07:56, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- Done! --Iketsi 00:12, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello. I was wondering it is would be okay to change the column "Articles per speaker" to "Articles per thousand speakers". This would allow most values to be displayed with an integer in the front instead of a string of decimals, which can be more difficult to decipher. For example, this would allow us to display "9.2" instead of "0.0092". This may also allow us to display more significant figures, if we choose to do so. Thank you for your consideration. --Tea with toast 21:18, 23 July 2011 (UTC)
Uncorrect count of Malagasy speakers
The total number of Malagasy displayed here is 1.4 million, which is ridiculously small ! Antananarivo itself at least 2 million inhabitants at the time I put this message. All Madagascar does speak Malagasy which make at least 20 million speakers, not 1.4 million. I have made a correction . --交談 homewiki 23:40, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
One more list needed
List of Wikipedias by speakers per edits.
Added several languages, which recently reached 10,000 articles. The list in in need of a fresh sort. I would reverse the initial sort order so that the highest number of speakers per article comes first.
It is a bigger project, and perhaps controversial, but i suggest changing the speakers numbers to native, or first language speakers. These numbers are easier to find, are more reliable, and give a better indication of the primary users of a given wikipedia. Bcharles (talk) 00:51, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
Number of speakers of Latin
Taraškievica Belarusian error.
According to the list, Taraškievica Belarusian has 0 articles, creating an error about the number of speakers per article, when that Wikipedia has actually over 50 thousand articles. --Zevlag (talk) 23:13, 11 June 2016 (UTC)
Edits per Speakers
How about a column 'edits per speakers'? 126.96.36.199 02:55, 8 December 2016 (UTC)