The Design Group
Thanks everyone for your interest and nominations. Based on votes and selection criteria, we are happy to announce the Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Transition Design Group.
Movement Strategy Transition Design Group
- WikiArabia: Anass Sedrati
- CEE: Yaroslav Blanter
- ESEAP: Biyanto Rebin
- WikiFranca: Bachounda
- Iberocoop: ProtoplasmaKid
- WikiIndaba: Kayuyussuf
- North America: Shanluan
- South Asia: Wikilover90
- Expert: Netha Hussain
- Phase 2 Core Team: Opsylac
- Phase 2 writers: Marc Miquel-Ribé
- Affiliate Executive Directors: Anna Torres (Wikimedia Argentina), Jenny Ebermann (Wikimedia Switzerland), John Andersson (Wikimedia Sweden)
- Affiliate Chairpersons: Philip Kopetzky (Wikimedia Österreich)
- Wikimedia Foundation: Delphine Ménard, Jerrie Kumalah, Ryan Merkley
The Design Group is tasked with creating an open and inclusive transition process where the entire Wikimedia movement can take part in implementing the 2030 movement strategy recommendations. Transition will take place online from September to November and the Design Group will create these events taking into consideration different dynamics for participation, such as time zones, languages, translation requirement, and access to technology. The design group will be supported by a small support team.
The Design Group discussions will be open and on-wiki. All interested individuals are encouraged to participate in the discussions as reviewers, and later in the actual transition events. If you were nominated or have already expressed your interest, we will reach out to you regarding participation as a reviewer.
Please let us know if you would like to participate in the design discussions as a reviewer.