Talk:Supporting Indian Language Wikipedias Program/Support/Laptops
Dear review team,
- The selection principle was to look at Activity (edits) followed by Trust (endorsements) and decide based on one's Need for the support. This meant that people who had no (contributing from a mobile) or only limited access (contributing from office) to a system were given priority over others who needed an additional/better laptop for various needs. Therefore, please do not consider this as a judgment on how good a contributor you are if your application was not selected. It simply means someone else needed it more than you and we had only limited number of laptops. Whenever required, we also reached out to community members to confirm the need to make sure that users who could not provide all details through the application were not disadvantaged.
- @Sugeesh: Please see the response from the review team below. Thanks. --Ravi (talk) 15:52, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
A Joint statement by the Review team
Greetings from the Review Team
Ever since we announced the list of recipients for laptops, we have received few inquiries on the selection process and why particular candidates didn't get the support. The review team would like to provide more context in addition to the selection process described here.
The review team would like to highlight the massive and overwhelming response to this program (271 applications). Having only a limited number of laptops, 50 most needy candidates were shortlisted with a primary focus on language (16 Indian language communities) and gender diversity. When more applications are received than available support, it is inevitable that we need to make the difficult decision of choosing few candidates while not being able to support others. The selection was purely based on the information provided by applicants in their application here on meta, including edit count, endorsements and the need communicated by the individual.
Since, this was a pilot program, the scale of the existing support couldn’t encompass the full requirements of the community. But, in the end, the decision for the list of recipients was taken by three independent jurors, based on several factors, to the best of our abilities.
- Dear all, Thanks for replay.
Please give more clarifications on this issue. One of the selection criteria for Chromebook request is bolded letters in here is The selection principle was to look at Activity (edits) followed by Trust (endorsements) and decide based on one's Need for the support. This meant that people who had no (contributing from a mobile) or only limited access (contributing from office) to a system were given priority over others ... then please give clarifications on points given below.
- Activity (edits) : Global Edits - 2358 (include 18 edits in 2018) -is this meet Activity (edits)?
- Trust (endorsements) : Total endorsement - 36. The people who endorse him was not trustworthy?
- You are not considered the contribution and endorsement of any persons, then What were my criteria for getting a chrome book? --Sugeesh (talk) 04:06, 23 March 2018 (UTC)