Talk:WikiConference India 2016/City/First Bids
IRC by the Jury for city bids to host WikiConference India 2016
Updates from Jury
Please check the IRC log above for latest update from the jury. Please remove (or move to a subpage) all touristy information from your bids, so the jury can focus on the core aspects of the bid. Thanks.--Ravi (talk) 09:13, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
Please check yesterday's jury discussion at http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/logs/%23wikiconferenceindia/20151227.txt . As the jury might start scoring any time now, please make sure that you provide any relevant data based on the evolving scoring matrix. Thanks.--Ravi (talk) 09:05, 28 December 2015 (UTC)
Please check yesterday's jury discussion at http://bots.wmflabs.org/~wm-bot/logs/%23wikiconferenceindia/20160103.txt . Please participate in a Q & A session with the jury and the pan-Indian WCI 2016 organizing team on Jan 10th 09:30 PM IST through IRC at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#wikiconferenceindia --Ravi (talk) 05:55, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Please place comments about the bids below.
- Though Nashik Community trying their best to get the bid, every answer given by Nashik Community was revolving around good faith and support from KF(is there any written document provided by KF?), some kind of mystical answers. No perfect answers received. I hope KF will not ask on return on investment, in good faith.
- @Suyog: I am aware that Abhishek has worked very hard bringing in many Wikipedians and creating community. but this time, how Abhishek is going to provide on ground support Nashik Community as he is in USA for studies?
- @Suyog: I think you've experience of result of involving politicians in the events like WCI-2011. And you still guiding Nashik Community to involve politicians and government. Please learn from that 3-4 hrs of experience at Police station and with politicians. Politicians will come, click pictures and go. Please don't let them use free movement for their benefits.
- Moksh and Pranav left WMIN when WMIN was facing many challenges. It's a current EC team and Ravi who brought WMIN on track. So, I am skeptical about support of Moksh and Pranav in tough times of organizing event.
- Now a days it is getting easy to get support from print media for brand Names like Wikipedia, MIT Media Labs.
- @Adesh It will be great if you translate some important points regarding current condtion of Nashik airport and provide update on it. Like for which cities it will be connected to.
- @Santoshi and Satdeep:- I hope you both have list of workshops organized and participants list with usernames, if possible please share it.
- @Satdeep:- It will be great if you post letter from Chandigarh University asap.
- @Jim:- Good Question. @WMIN-EC and community:- How was the team members were selected or elected:-
- @WMIN-EC:- It's not about how much money you are handling, it's about how you are handling it.
- गांधीजी: Here is a WMF grant report of an offline workshop in Chandigarh Grants:PEG/Satdeep Gill/Punjabi Wiki Workshop Chandigarh/Report. We have also been funded again by WMF for doing two workshops in January 2016. Here is the list of some online events which helped us become a recognized User Group from WMF. Some comments from WMF:
We see that the Punjabi community has been gaining momentum lately, and we are pleased to support your community to continue to grow.
As of now I can only assure the Chandigarh University has confirmed that they will support the event. We are trying to get the official support letter but the person in-charge of the letter has been transferred temporarily. We hope to get it soon but as of Jury's discussion, the meta page will be considered frozen at 11:59 PM today.
- Our bid has been strongly supported by the Punjabi Wikipedia community which was also one of the basic criteria for Round One. --Satdeep Gill (talk) 15:07, 11 January 2016 (UTC)
I am really happy to see WCI 2016 progress. Last year - I was fortunate enough to interact with Satdeep & Gaurav (Changidargh) as well as Santoshi and Adesh (Nashik). Special congratulations to Panjabi community for User Group affiliation. Nashik can learn many things from Chandigarh community. Best wishes to both cities. I hope both cities will work together irrespective of the final result. Keep Organizing, Keep Inspiring! :-) AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 05:18, 12 January 2016 (UTC)