Talk:Wikimania 2021/Scholarships/Dagbani Wikimedians User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hi the Scholarship team has reviewed your application, we have some questions;
- can please provide information about each community
- where they are, why they cant be at the same event,
- a breakdown of costs for each community,
- The administration cost appears disproportionate to what is being provided to the community
- Hello Gnangarra
- Thank you for the questions. Below are the answers as requested:
Our community cuts across different regions in Ghana:
- Northern region- Dagbani Wikimedia User Group
- Eastern region- Frafra Wikimedia Community
- Central region- The University of Education Dagbani Wikipedia community
- Greater Accra region- Global Open Initiative
- As stated on our meta page, The Dagbani Wikimedians UG is working to support 16 Mole-Dagbani languages from Ghana, Burkina and Bénin. The above selected communities are far away from each other, some will require several hours of travel be at the same event.
- Although Dagbani Wikimedians and Global Open Initiative will be the only groups to have in-person meetups, that is, 2 pre-conference and 2 post-conference meetups, Childcare services (or similar family services),Data packages, Small hardware expenses to support access will be provided to participants across all the four groups.
- Administration cost will be shared by the Dagbani Wikimedians UG and the Global Open Initiative for organizing the in-person meetups.Din-nani1 (talk) 16:19, 24 July 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you for the information, it clears things up and help us to understand your challenges. Gnangarra (talk) 03:11, 25 July 2021 (UTC)
Corrections on budget table
I wish to notify you about typographical corrections made on the budget. Below are the details:
- Row 1 subtotal corrected from 1000 to 10000
- Row 6 quantity corrected from 50 to 15.