Talk:Wikimedians of Mainland China
Page not monitored. Please E-mail to wmc-generallists.wikimedia.org instead, thanks.
- 1 Has WMC been recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation yet?
- 2 Consider using translate extension like WMTW?
- 3 Edit-a-thons in Shenzhen?
- 4 Inaccurate description of group as affiliate user group has been modified
- 5 International Mother Language Day Meetup
- 6 So can we please recognize this and replace Wikimedia User Group China?
Has WMC been recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation yet?
It is found that a "Category:Wikimedia User Groups" category has been added to the main page on 2017-09-17.
In Category:Wikimedia User Groups, it is stated that "Pages listing all Wikimedia User Groups, one of the affiliation models recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation." But no relevant resolution on WMC has been passed yet (see Category:Affiliations committee resolutions approved in 2017).
See also "Category:Proposed Wikimedia user groups".
- @Liuxinyu970226:Thanks for your reminding! I think this extension is needed.--WQL (talk) 15:16, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
Edit-a-thons in Shenzhen?
Are there any plans to have Shenzhen edit-a-thons? I have participated in a few in Hong Kong so far, and I think some on the Shenzhen side would be great.
- Universities could give space for meetups; if a member is a student or teacher at a university, he/she may find some space for a meetup. Each time there should be a detailed visiting map specifying which metro stations, gates, and/or buildings to go to.
- A guide on how to reach Shenzhen from other cities in Guangdong province as well as Hong Kong and Macau (along with relevant visa/arrival information for Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan residents as well as people with foreign passports residing in the Pearl River Delta) might be useful. I can write such a guide.
- For Shenzhen meetups, inquiries in Cantonese should receive responses in Cantonese, and in edit-a-thons editors may announce that the use of Cantonese is permissible. This will help culturally support Cantonese speakers and provide reciprocity with Hong Kong edit-a-thons, in which Mandarin is also allowed. English may also be used whenever there are foreign attendees.
- @WhisperToMe: There has been some editor meet-ups, but I haven't heard that there has been any edit-a-thon or recent plan on it in Shenzhen. I suggest you post this thread to the mail list, wmc-general - at - lists.wikimedia.org, since only a few people are monitoring this talk page, thank you. --云间守望 - (Talk with WQL) 16:42, 20 April 2018 (UTC)
Inaccurate description of group as affiliate user group has been modified
Hello to the group of Wikimedians of Mainland China. This is a friendly note to let you know I have made some basic edits to your group's page here.([Log]). As your application for recognition was not approved, it is important that you do not present your group as an official Wikimedia user group. Please message me back if you have questions about this. Thanks, JAnstee (WMF) (talk) 18:44, 27 June 2018 (UTC) (Affiliations Committee Liaison)
International Mother Language Day Meetup
Showing respect to all Language, we're arranging a meetup on the 21st February, the International Mother Language Day in Changsha, Hunan. So, we need to connect the local community and their co-operation.--Abu Sayeed (talk) 18:44, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
So can we please recognize this and replace Wikimedia User Group China?
--188.8.131.52 03:12, 19 April 2019 (UTC)