Tell us about Albanian Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- Our contributors mainly live in regions with Albanian majority, like Albania, Kosovo, Northwest Macedonia, Presevo Valley (Serbia) and Southeast Montenegro. But, a large number of our contributors, who are ethinc-Albanians immigrants in the following countries, are residents of Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, the USA and the other western states. --Ammar Tivari Talk! 13:49, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- Albanian language was standardizated after the WWII and based on the Tosk dialect, while standardization was directed by the Institute of Albanian Language and Literature of the Academy of Sciences of Albania. Therefore, there are no problems in spelling and dialects. --Ammar Tivari Talk! 13:49, 7 July 2014 (UTC)
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: http://sq.wikipedia.org