Tell us about Chuvash Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also: Расскажите нам о Чувашской Википедии
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have? about ten
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers? yes
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)? Russia (Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Cheboksary, Tsivilsk) and foreign
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life? Whenever there is an opportunity, at the Chuvash People's Forum
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)? Russian, Tartar, and Yakut
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones? Mostly from Russian
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it? There are Russian Wikimedia chapters
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia? Unknown
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them? yes
- Who (else) supports you? Many...
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.? Yes, we have advertising offline (Universities and conferences) and online (Online places in Chuvash)
- Do you get feedback from readers? Not yet
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity? We try to cover all topics, though there are more articles covering all things Chuvash of course.
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias? Not yet
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)? Yes, there are dictionaries, spelling rules, and a literary norm.
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)? Try to use the most common spelling first, redirect from alternate spellings.
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: http://cv.wikipedia.org