Tell us about Minangkabau Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- < back to Tell us about your Wikipedia
(Bahaso Minangkabau) Wikipedia Bahaso Minangkabau
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- About 10-15 people
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Yes, the majority are native speakers
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- Mostly live in Indonesia (Riau, West Sumatera, Jakarta), but some also live abroad
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Not very common at all
- Do you have special contacts with another Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Yes, with Indonesian and Malay Wikipedias
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- Yes, from Indonesian, Malay, and English Wikipedias
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Yes there is, it is Wikimedia Indonesia. The organization support so far is in the form of organizing meet up, and maybe writing competition in Minangkabau language in the future
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
- Not that I know of
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- I don't know if that kind of institution exist or not
- Who (else) supports you?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- Yes, sometimes
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- None that I know of
- Does your edition concentrates on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- There is no consensus. Everybody contribute as they like
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- So far no
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- I am really not sure about that
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- We discuss them at our village pump
Article bot creation
The effects on activity levels are not clear yet.