Tell us about Rusyn Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- Contributor is only one sometimes comes 1 or 2.
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- There were contacts with Slovak, now there is little connection with Ukrainian.
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- Articles and translations are very small, translated from Hungarian, English and Ukrainian.
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- There are different groups for different language options.
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- There are several
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Articles are stabs and everyone writes what he wants.
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- Rusyn language has a dictionary. They are very differ from one another very much. Very difficult to write Wikipedia, because there are different options.
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- Rusyn language has many language versions. It Presov, Lemko, Transcarpathian, boykivkyy, dolynyanskyy, Marmarosky, panonskyy, Hutsul dialects. They have many differences.