Tell us about Serbocroatian Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
Name of the Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interpret. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- Yes.--Rjecina2 14:40, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Do you have special contacts with other Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Yes with Bosnian,
Croatianand Serbian --Rjecina2 14:44, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
- Yes with Bosnian,
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- I oftentimes translate from Russian or Bulgarian. Bogorm 16:13, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- Who (else) supports you?
- What does the public outreach for your edition look like? Do you have flyers, give lectures, training etc.?
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- Does your edition concentrate on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Writing neutral articles about Yugoslavia or in another words articles which will not offend Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian users--Rjecina2 14:44, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- Main/Front page of your Wikipedia: http://sh.wikipedia.org