Tell us about Sundanese Wikipedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page belongs to the project Tell us about your Wikipedia.
- Wikimedia Statistics can be difficult to interprete. What is your impression, how many steady contributors do you have?
- 3 to 5 --Irwangatot 19:38, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Are your contributors mostly native speakers?
- yes --Irwangatot 19:38, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Where do your contributors live (regions/country)?
- Most contributors live in Indonesia
- How common is it that your contributors meet in real life?
- Less than once per month --Kandar 14:28, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Do you have special contacts with another Wikipedias (maybe in related languages)?
- Indonesian, Javanese
- Do you translate a lot from other Wikipedias? Which ones?
- English, Indonesian
Organization and support
- Is there a Wikimedia chapter in your country? How does your language relate to it?
- Yes, the Wikimedia Indonesia (WMID). Some of our contributors are co-founder of the chapter. --Kandar 14:32, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Are there work groups in other organizations about Wikipedia?
- Yes, informal ones. --Kandar 14:32, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
Your Wikipedia and the linguistic community
- Is there a language institution for your language, like an Academy, or a club of people interested in your language? Do you have contact with them?
- yes, not yet
- Who (else) supports you?
- How looks your public outreach for your edition? Do you have flyers, give lectures, trainings etc.?
- I gave training/presentations about Wikipedia and it's sister projects. --Kandar 14:49, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Do you get feedback from readers?
- What other encyclopedias exist in your language?
- A few small encyclopedias related to regions or certain topics. --Kandar 14:49, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Does your edition concentrates on certain topics, like your region and language, or Latin Wikipedia on Roman history and Christianity?
- Every contributor have interest related to their own competencies, but contribute to almost any topics. --Kandar 14:56, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- Did your edition enjoy text donations, for example from older encyclopedias?
- Is there a generally accepted norm about your language (spelling, dictionary, pronunciation)?
- Yes, we have dictionaries and some linguistic books. --Kandar 14:44, 20 October 2009 (UTC)
- How do you deal with different spellings, dialects etc. (like B.E. lift and A.E. elevator)?
- We treat it as synonims, one can substitute each other. --Kandar 14:44, 20 October 2009 (UTC)