Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of tools demonstrated or discussed at the conference.
Tool directories and meta-resources
- Hay's Tools Directory
- Tool Labs full tool list (includes tools not yet on Hay's Tools Directory)
- SeeAlso - Wiki visualizations directory
- Wikimedia Documentation Directory
- Small wiki toolkits - a set of pointers to technical tutorials and help for small wikis.
Statistics and tracking
- Event Metrics tool (supersedes the old Outreach Dashboard) - track contributions from groups of users over time (e.g. workshop attendees; competition participants)
- Pageviews/Massviews/Topviews/Userviews - query and comparison interface
- External URL patterns statistics
- TreeViews - monthly view stats for articles in whole category trees
- Wikipedia Tools for Chrome - a Chrome add-on useful in compiling Wikipedia statistics
- Recent acquisitions - show newest members in category
- GLAMorous - track image usage across projects, by Commons category
- Media view counter - track views of images in a Commons category no matter how they were viewed.
- BaGLAMa - track page views of articles containing images from a Commons category out of a fixed list (you can request your category to be added!)
- See also GLAMorgan
- Navelgazer: Wikidata statement additions counter
- Content gender gap data by Envlh
- WDCM Biases Dashboard - stats on Wikidata gender gap by country, by occupation, and by Wikipedia articles
- PetScan -- the Swiss-army chainsaw of querying Wikimedia projects! A (very) powerful query interface over pages, categories, and Wikidata
- Quarry -- run arbitrary SQL queries against the replicated Wikimedia databases. Example.
- pro tip:
stealadapt other people's queries and change them to suit your needs!
- Here's a whole bunch of examples!
- pro tip:
- What to work on?
- the Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory - a super-insightful set of tools highlighting existing and missing local content (people, places, events, culture) across languages and geographical regions
- GapFinder (suggests popular articles to translate, by topic)
- most wanted
- Wiki Todo
- Wikidata Todo
- Not in the other language
- Missing Topics in category or tree
- Editing convenience
- Eran's autocompleter gadget - one of the best-kept secrets in the Wikimedia movement!
- HotCat gadget
- PattyPan batch uploader
- Flickr2Commons, Flickr Free and New (uses Flickr2Commons)
- Crop Tool for Commons
- Free Image Search Tool, Wikidata FIST
- VideoConvert - converts MP4, AVI, WMV to WebM for uploading to Commons
- Video2Commons - video uploader
- Pronuncify (Linux), Pronuncify.NET (Windows) - record audio pronunciation files for Commons in batches
- GLAMify - suggest images for articles based on usage in interwiki links (e.g.)
- Commons file finder - by user and category
- List of upload tools on Commons
- Wikidata Query
- e.g. missing articles about poets on arwiki with the most interwiki links (change 'ar' to your language wiki)
- Lots of useful queries about Odisha and Odia language --
stealadapt to suit your language/country/state needs! :)
- Resonator - a prettier display of what Wikidata knows about an item
- Wikidata property browser
- Harvest data from templates into Wikidata
- Wikidata-based timelines
- The Wikidata Game and The Distributed Wikidata Game
- Using arbitrary Wikidata in other wikis (e.g. Infoboxes)
- See also: Listeria
- Tabernacle, for tabulating and editing data on Wikidata
- Wikidata Infobox Tutorial
- Wikidata Ontology Explorer