Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: Per admission by Ryan Kaldari (WMF) during the 2018 Community Wishlist Survey: " Unfortunately, the AbuseFilter extension has been mostly unmaintained for years and would need to be overhauled ...".
- Who would benefit: Editors on all Wikipedia's
- Proposed solution: Free resources to overhaul the AbuseFilter.
- More comments: Previous discussions: Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Admins and patrollers/Overhaul spam-blacklist
- Phabricator tickets: task T20110
- Proposer: --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 07:27, 3 October 2019 (UTC)
- Suggested addition: have an option 'show captcha' as result for a hit, with that, both for IPs and logged in editors, you can filter whether an account is genuine and not a spambot. It may be annoying for the regular editor who is acting in good faith, but should stop most of the bot edits and could be used to thwart vandals. --Dirk Beetstra T C (en: U, T) 08:41, 29 October 2019 (UTC)