Jump to navigation Jump to search
This a quizz to test your understanding of the puppet module for mediawiki development.
- What is puppet used for?
- What is a class?
- How is import used and what for.
- How do you make sure the latest version of a package is installed ?
- When is this ok and why might this create a problem?
- How do you ensure that version 1.2.3 of the package is installed?
- What is a service?
Part 2 Best Practices & Style
Part 3 Style
In the following puppet definitions there are some style problems. You must locate and correct them.
Part 4 Assignment
- create a puppet definition called "Solr-Jetty" with the following requirements:
- ensure it installs the latest version of java.
- it gets the latest version of Solr from ...
- define a file called "schema.xml"