|You talk to me at en:User:OrenBochman.|
- I'm a volunteer developer for the WMF.
- I am an Information Scientist and I specialize in Search & education.
- I use this wiki for research related work and project proposals.
- 1 Tutorials - "By Soft Degrees Subdue Them to the Useful and the Good"
- 2 Information on SimoneBot
Tutorials - "By Soft Degrees Subdue Them to the Useful and the Good"
|Coder Lesson Books|
|Feel free to read ahead, you can take these lessons at any rate you like. Optional lessons are included if I feel you need them.|
Adoptees can opt out of the banstar awards.
If you have a suggestion for a lesson not covered here, please contact Oren Bochman.
Information on SimoneBot
- Simone's UI
- Intervention Template
- Simone's Cariculum
- this page will develop a mathematical/social science based analysis of wiki-related issues.
Wiki Game Theory
Using Game Theory to model behavior in a wiki.
- Can these be discussed with a little humor?
- Wiki Game Theory
- Simple Games
- Communication and Coordination
- Common Knowledge
- Ham Spam Game
- Ban Game
- Wars Of Attrition
- Gender Gap
- Machiavelliansm Tests
- Further Work
User Profiling & Response
- WGT/WikiMach test addiction and psychotic .
- Social Roles.
- Watson based personality lookups.
- fluid intelligence (what's that).
- tagging cascades.
happy happy joy joy
Look for meaningful interactions between users. These are interactions spanning multiple sessions. Primarily I'd like to generate lift charts for flow. Flow should be based on edit rate, conflict free edits, edits on cooperative spaces, non repetitive Talk with positive sentiment Maps users session and
- Handling users with issues
- limiting daily interaction
- forcing different roles
- requesting - offline work.
Moodle loves AFC
- Create a Moodle 4.0 course with 4 barn-stars (one per accreditation)
- Create a user script with 4 buttons like the current afc tool.
- Show the button only if a user has earned the appropriate accreditation in the Moodle course.
- Award barnstars automatically on getting accreditation and on achievements.
- Three way incentive alignments
- review oversight.
notify users that their article is under deletion
- CSD who, why and how to request a user-page version
- Prod and how to contest it
- AfD - Improve AfD notification to include
- top contributors
- minor contributor
- technical contributor
- project members
- participants in its previous AfD.
Develop a utilitarian notification algorithm that is both dynamic and time sensitive. The goals are
- Foster a balanced discussion
- Notification urgency based on stakes.
- Mobilise a minimal number of users needed v.s. diversity.
- Consider AfC history.
template to quickly access Stats on AfD participants
Gloassary & Notes
- Joseph Michael Reagle Jr. (2010). "Good Faith Collaboration - The Culture of Wikipedia". Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- John Broughton (2008). "Wikipedia: The Missing Manual". Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Joseph Michael Reagle Jr. (2010). "Critical Point of View - A Wikipedia Reader" (PDF). Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- Clay Shirky (2010). "A Group Is Its Own Worst Enemy". Retrieved May 10, 2012.
- . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe-lPwOhM14&feature=g-all&context=G2ee2681FAAAAAAAABAA link spam.
- Andrew, G. West (2010). "Autonomous Detection of Collaborative Link Spam". Retrieved May 10, 2012.