|Users by language|
In 2015 I was elected to the Board of Trustees. I want to use this page to monitor and report my agenda and ideas for the movement (feel free to comment in the discussion). My initial priorities (June 2015) included:
- developing procedures and community control mechanisms for SuperProtect tool, Done
- developing anti-harassment policies, Done
- animating and developing our Advisory Board (possibly splitting it into Expert, Community, and Academic groups), Done
- simplifying funding schemes (proven and good programs should get standard default funding from the FDC without the need to write detailed proposals), In progress...
- including some of the WMF budget in the FDC feedback, Done
- introducing community-elected liaisons to improve communication and feedback between the communities and the WMF and the Board, On hold
- creating a list of topics for external researchers and universities to pick (in the areas that WMF research team finds most interesting and promising), allowing external researchers to tap into our data, as well as universities support their Ph.D. candidates and researchers in a more structured way ("GLAM for universities") (added in July, 2015). Not done
In more detail:
- SuperProtect is gone! There have been a number of people who contributed to this success. My part was contacting WMF leadership every month since my appointment, to discuss the possibilities, as well as putting the formal request for status update about SuperProtect to all Board meetings.
- Following with the Community Advocacy team, I returned to the community-approved widening scope of the Ombudsman Commission, that awaited resolution for 2 years, and, thanks to the support of the Legal Team, proposed the resolution by the Board, which successfully passed.
- On January 15, 2016 Lila announced that ...the initial draft of the Annual Plan will be submitted using the FDC Format... and will be submitted for the FDC feedback.
- A lot of anti-harassment work has been initiated (mostly without my input, although I did my best to assist the heavy-lifters whenever I could), and the recent grant from the Craig Newmark Foundation is hopefully going to seal the deal.
- Revamping the Advisory Board is something I've worked over the last months, and after discussions within the group of former AB members, the Board governance committee, community advisors to the BGC, and the Board itself, we've developed a proposed structure that will, hopefully, be discussed during the next Board meeting and restart the thing.
Not finished (yet):
- simplifying funding schemes (proven and good programs should get standard default funding from the FDC without the need to write detailed proposals),
- While a lot has been done in this direction, the system is not perfect yet - I hope to work more on this after the FDC's meeting in May 2017.
- introducing community-elected liaisons to improve communication and feedback between the communities and the WMF and the Board,
- After discussing it with the WMF community support team, we've reached a conclusion that this may be an idea to discuss within the wider community, and once we know how the strategy liaisons worked, perhaps we'll have a better insight whether it makes sense or not.
- creating a list of topics for external researchers and universities to pick (in the areas that WMF research team finds most interesting and promising), allowing external researchers to tap into our data, as well as universities support their Ph.D. candidates and researchers in a more structured way ("GLAM for universities").
- Just not done, in lack of time. I still thing it is a good idea and I hope to be able to work on it in the future.
I am currently an active user of Polish Wikipedia and one of its administrators, bureaucrats, checkusers, and (rarely) mediators. I am also present on en-wiki and, very sporadically, on commons. Globally, I served as a steward for three terms, as well as an ombudsman. I served as the chair of the Funds Dissemination Committee for 3 terms 2012-2015. In my off-wiki life, I am a (full) professor of management in Poland, studying open collaboration communities.
|8-31:||Share your feedback on the draft strategic direction, a basis on which strategic plans will be built.|
|1-31:||Join the Cycle 3 of the Wikimedia Movement Strategy discussions, and debate about the challenges identified by the research.|
|20:||Seeking interviewees for research into the communication goals and practices of the Wikimedia Foundation.|
|19:||The results of the Funds Dissemination Committee|
|15.05 - 30.06:||Met Open Access Artworks Challenge around global art history.|
|11.05 - 12.06:||Join the Cycle 2 of the Wikimedia Movement Strategy discussions, and debate about the themes of our strategic directions.|
|20:||Certified results of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election.|