User talk:Pundit

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Welcome to Meta![edit]

أهلا Pundit ، ومرحبا بك في ويكيميديا ميتا ويكي! يعمل هذا الموقع على تنسيق ومناقشة كل مشاريع ويكيميديا. ربما سيكون مفيدا لك مطالعة صفحة السياسات هنا. إذا كنت مهتما بأمور الترجمة، راجع ميتا:بابلون. يمكنك أيضا ترك ملاحظة في ميتا:بابل (من فضلك راجع أولا التعليمات هناك قبل ترك الملاحظة). إذا أردت الاستفسار عن شئ ، لا تتردد في سؤالي في صفحة نقاشي. تمتع بالتحرير هنا!

Hola Pundit! Benvingut a la Meta-Wiki de la Fundació Wikimedia! Aquest lloc està fet per a coordinar i discutir tots els projectes de la Fundació Wikimedia. Potser us serà útil llegir la nostra pàgina de polítiques (en anglès). Si us interessen les traduccions, visiteu Meta:Babylon. També podeu deixar un missatge a Meta:Babel o al Meta:Metapub (però abans de fer-ho, llegiu les instruccions situades al principi de la pàgina). No dubteu en preguntar si teniu qualsevol dubte. Si cal ho podeu fer en la meva pàgina de discussió. Bona sort!

Vítejte, uživateli Pundit, a vítejte na Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Tento server je určen pro spolupráci a diskusím ke všem projektům nadace Wikimedia. Možná si budete chtít přečíst naše pravidla. Pokud chcete spolupracovat na překladech, navštivte Meta:Babylon. Také můžete přidat příspěvek na Meta:Babel či Meta:Metapub (nejdříve si přečtěte pokyny na začátku těchto stránek). V případě potřeby se neváhejte zeptat se na mé diskusní stránce. Hodně štěstí!

Hallo Pundit, und Willkommen bei Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Diese Webseite dient der Koordination und Diskussion aller Wikimedia-Projekte. Vielleicht findest Du es nützlich, unsere Regelseite zu lesen. Sofern Du daran interessiert bist etwas zu übersetzen, besuche Meta:Babylon. Du kannst auch eine Notiz auf Meta:Babel oder Meta:Metapub hinterlassen (bitte lies die Anleitung am Anfang der Seiten, bevor Du etwas schreibst). Wenn Du möchtest, kannst Du mir auch auf meiner Diskussionseite Fragen stellen. Fröhliches Bearbeiten wünscht

ވިކިމީޑިޔާގެ މީޓާ-ވިކީ އަށް މަރުހަބާ! މިވެބްސައިޓަކީ ވިކިމީޑިޔާގެ ހުރިހާ މަޝްރޫޢުތަކާއި ބެހޭގޮތުން ވާހަކަތައް ދެކެވި އެ މަޝްރޫޢެއް ހިންގައި ހަދާ ވެބް ސައިޓެވެ. އަޅުގަނޑުމެންގެ ޤަވާއިދުތައް ފުރަތަމަ ވިދާޅުވުމަކީ މުހިންމު ކަމެއް ކަމުގައި ދެކެމެވެ. ތަރުޖަމާކުރާ ހިތްޕުޅުވެވަޑައިގަންނަވާ ނަމަ މީޓާ:ބެބިލޯން އަށް ވަޑައިގަންނަވާށެވެ. އަދި ހަމަ އެހެންމެ މިކަމާއި ބެހޭ ލިޔުމެއް މީޓާ:ބޭބެލް ގައި ލިޔުއްވަވާށެވެ. (އެހެންނަމަވެސް އެޞަފްޙާގައި އެއްވެސް އެއްޗެއް އިތުރު ކުރެއްވުމުގެ ކުރިން އެ ޞަފްހާގެ މަތީގައިވާ ޢިބާރާތް ވިދާޅުވެލައްވާށެވެ.) މިއާއި މުދު ހިތްހަމަޖެހިވަޑައިގަންނަވާ ނަމަ އިތުރު އެހީ އަށް އެދުމަށް މި ޞަފްހާ ގައި އެދުމަށް ފަސްޖެހި ވަޑައި ނުގަންނަވާށެވެ. އުނިއިތުރު ގެނައުމުގައި އުފާވެރި ވަގުތުކޮޅެއް ހޭދަ ކޮށްލައްވާށެވެ!!

Hello Pundit, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Meta:Metapub (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing!

¡Hola Pundit! ¡Bienvenido a la Meta-Wiki de la Fundación Wikimedia! Este sitio es para coordinar y discutir todos los proyectos de la Fundación Wikimedia. Tal vez le sea útil leer nuestra página de políticas (en inglés). Si le interesan las traducciones, visite Meta:Babylon. También puede dejar un mensaje en Meta:Babel o Meta:Metapub (pero antes de hacerlo, por favor lea las instrucciones situadas en lo alto de la página). No dude en preguntar si tiene cualquiera duda, o pregunte en mi página de discusión. ¡Buena suerte!

سلام Pundit ، به ويكی مديا متاويكیخوش آمدید! این وبگاه برای بحث و هماهنگ کردن ويكي مديا است. برای شما مفید است که اول صفحه سیاست های اینجا را بخوانید. اگر شما علاقمند به ترجمه هستید به صفحه متا:بابیلون سر بزنید. همچنین اگر یادداشتی داشتید می توانیید در متا:بابل یادداشت خود را بگذارید (قبل از نوشتن یادداشت به توضیحات موجود در صفحه توجه کنید.). اگر سوالی داشتید می توانید در صفحه بحث. سوال خود را بپرسید و کمک بخواهید!

Hei Pundit, ja tervetuloa Wikimedian Meta-Wikiin! Tämä nettisivusto on kaikkien Wikimedia-säätiön projektien koordinointia ja keskustelua varten. Saattaa olla hyödyllistä lukea käytäntömme. Jos olet kiinnostunut käännöksistä, käy Meta:Babylon-sivulla. Voit myöskin jättää huomautuksen Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub -sivulle (ole hyvä ja lue ohjeet sivun yläosassa ennenkuin kirjoitat sinne). Jos haluat, saat vapaasti kysyä minulta kysymyksiä keskustelusivullani. Iloisia muokkaushetkiä!

Bonjour Pundit, et bienvenue sur le Meta-Wiki de Wikimédia ! Ce site a pour but de coordonner et discuter de l’ensemble des projets Wikimédia. Il vous sera utile de consulter notre page sur les règles de Wikimédia. Si vous êtes intéressé par des projets de traduction, visitez Meta:Babylon. Vous pouvez aussi laisser un message sur Meta:Babel ou Meta:Metapub (mais veuillez d’abord lire les instructions en haut de cette page avant d’y poster votre message). Si vous le voulez, vous pouvez me poser vos questions sur ma page de discussion. À bientôt !

Ola Pundit! Benvido a Meta-Wiki, da Fundación Wikimedia! Este sitio é para coordinar e discutir sobre calquera dos proxectos da Fundación Wikimedia. Tavez lle sexa útil ler a nosa páxina de políticas (en inglés). Se lle interesan as traducións, visite Meta:Babylon. Tamén pode deixar unha mensaxe en Meta:Babel ou en Meta:Metapub (pero antes de facelo, por favor lea as instrucións situadas no alto da páxina). Non dubide en preguntar se ten calquera dúbida, ou pregunte na miña páxina de conversa. Boa sorte!

נכתב בלשון זכר למען הנוחות
היי Pundit, וברוך בואך ל- ויקימדיה מטא-ויקי! אתר זה נועד בכדי לתאם פעולות ולדון בפרויקטים של וויקימדיה. יש להניח שדפי המדיניות שלנו יהיו שימושיים עבורך. אם הנך מעוניין לבצע עבודות תרגום, בקר ב-Meta:Babylon. תוכל גם להשאיר הערה ב-Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (אנא קרא את ההוראות בראש הדף לפני כתיבה שם). אם תרצה, הרגש חופשי לרשום לי שאלות בדף השיחה שלי. עריכה נעימה!

Pozdrav Pundit, i dobro došli na na Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ova stranica služi za koordinaciju i raspravljanje oko Wikimedijinih projekata. Vjerojatno će Vam biti korisno pročitati naše stranice vezane za politiku rada. Ako ste zainteresirani za prevođenje, posjetite Meta:Babylon. Možete također ostaviti poruku na stranicama Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (molimo pročitajte upute na vrhu te stranice prije nego što pošaljete tamo svoj komentar). Ako imate neko pitanje, možete ga postaviti na mojoj stranici za razgovor. Sretno uređivanje!

Helló Pundit, és üdv a Wikimedia Meta-Wikijén! Ez a weboldal az összes Wikimedia projektet érintő ügyek megtárgyalására és koordinálására szolgál. Hasznosnak találhatod elolvasni az irányelveinket (angolul). Ha szeretnél fordításokat végezni, látogasd meg a Meta:Babylon-t, vagy a Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, oldalon hagyhatsz üzenetet (mielőtt ide írsz kérlek olvasd el a lap tetején található utasításokat). Ha szeretnél, nyugodtan kérdezz tőlem a vitalapomon. Jó szerkesztést és tartalmas szórakozást! Jó szerkesztést és tartalmas szórakozást!

Halló Pundit, vertu velkomin(n) á Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Þessi síða er til að ræða saman um öll Wikimedia-verkefni og samhæfa þau. Kannski finnst þér gagnlegt að lesa stefnusíðuna. Hafir þú áhuga á þýðingum er Meta:Babylon rétti staðurinn. Þú mátt skrifast á við okkur í Meta:Babel eða Meta:Metapub (vinsamlegast lestu notkunarreglurnar áður en þú breytir síðunni). Hikaðu ekki við að hafa samband við mig á spjallsíðu minni ef þú hefur einhverjar spurningar. Gangi þér vel!

Halo Pundit, dan selamat datang di Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Situs web ini berperan sebagai tempat koordinasi dan diskusi mengenai seluruh proyek-proyek Wikimedia. Mungkin akan bermanfaat bagi Anda untuk membaca halaman kebijakan kami. Jika Anda tertarik untuk melakukan penerjemahan, kunjungi Meta:Babylon. Anda juga dapat meninggalkan pesan di Meta:Babel atau Meta:Metapub (bacalah petunjuk di bagian atas halaman tersebut sebelum meninggalkan pesan di sana). Jika perlu, Anda dapat bertanya kepada saya di halaman pembicaraan (talk page) saya. Selamat menyunting!

Ciao Pundit! Benvenuto sulla Meta-Wiki della Wikimedia Foundation! Questo sito serve a coordinare e discutere di tutti i progetti della Wikimedia Foundation. Potrebbe esserti utile leggere le nostre policy (in inglese). Se sei interessato a fare traduzioni, visita Meta:Babylon. Puoi anche lasciare un messaggio su Meta:Babel o Meta:Metapub (ma per favore, leggi le istruzioni che si trovano all'inizio della pagina prima di scrivere). Se vuoi, puoi lasciarmi un messagio nella mia pagina di discussione. Buona fortuna!

Punditさん、ウィキメディア メタ・ウィキへようこそ!このサイトは、ウィキメディアのプロジェクト間の調整や話し合いを目的としています。もしよろしければ、基本方針とガイドラインのページを是非ご一読ください。もし翻訳に興味をお持ちなら、Meta:Babylon をご覧ください。Meta:Babel, Metapub にメッセージを投稿していただくことも可能です(投稿前にページ上部の説明をお読みください)。お困りの際は、ご遠慮なく私の会話ページに質問をお寄せください。楽しくやっていきましょう。どうぞよろしくお願いします。

Pundit님, 위키미디어 메타 위키에 회원가입하신 것을 환영합니다! 이 사이트는 모든 위키미디어 프로젝트들 간의 상호조정과 토론을 위한 공간입니다. 우리의 정책을 보면, 도움이 되실 겁니다. 만약 번역에 관심이 있으시다면, 바빌론을 방문해 보세요. 또한 바벨, 메타퍼브를 사용하실 수도 있습니다. (사용하시기 전에 각 문서의 사용설명을 먼저 읽어주세요). 만약 궁금한 것이 있으시면, 부담없이 저의 토론 문서에 질문을 올려주세요. 즐거운 편집이 되시길 바랍니다!

Hai Pundit, dan selamat datang ke Meta-Wiki Wikimedia! Laman web ini adalah untuk mengkoordinasikan dan membincangkan segala Projek Wikimedia. Anda boleh mendapat banyak faedah dengan membaca laman polisi kami. Jika anda berminat menterjemah, silalah lawati Meta:Babylon. Anda juga boleh meninggalkan pesanan di Meta:Babel atau Meta:Metapub (sila baca panduan di atas laman yang berkenaan sebelum meninggalkan pesanan). Jika perlu, tanyalah soalan di laman perbualan saya. Selamat menyunting!

Hallo Pundit, en welkom op de Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Deze website is voor het coördineren en bespreken van alle Wikimedia-projecten. Waarschijnlijk vind je het handig om onze beleidpagina te lezen. Als je geïnteresseerd bent in het vertalen van teksten, ga da naar Meta:Babylon. Je kunt ook een bericht achterlaten op Meta:Babel of Meta:Metapub (lees wel de instructies aan het begin van de pagina voordat je een bericht achterlaat). Als je nog vragen hebt stel ze me dan op mijn overlegpagina. Veel plezier met bewerken!

Hei Pundit, og velkommen til Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Denne siden er til for å diskutere og samordne alle Wikimediaprosjektene. Vil du vite mer om siden, kan vår policy-side komme til nytte. Er du interessert i å hjelpe til med oversettelser, besøk Meta:Babylon. Du kan også legge igjen en beskjed på Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (vær vennlig og les instruksjonene øverst på siden før du skriver noe der). Hvis du vil, er du velkommen til å stille spørsmål på min diskusjonsside. God redigering!

Cześć Pundit i witaj w projekcie Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ta strona została stworzona do koordynacji i dyskusji nad wszystkimi projektami Fundacji Wikimedia. Proszę Cię o przeczytanie naszych zasad. Jeżeli chcesz się zając tłumaczeniem stron, odwiedź Meta:Babylon. Możesz również zostawić notkę na stronie Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (proszę jednak, abyś najpierw przeczytał instrukcje na górze tej strony). Jeżeli będziesz potrzebował pomocy zostaw komentarz na mojej stronie dyskusji. Miłego edytowania!

Olá Pundit! Seja bem-vindo ao Meta! Este site/sítio é dedicado à discussão e à coordenação de todos os demais projetos da Fundação Wikimedia. Talvez lhe seja útil ler a página contendo a nossa política (em inglês) antes de começar a editar. Se tiver dúvidas, sinta-se à vontade para me fazer perguntas em minha página de discussão, ou deixe uma mensagem para toda a comunidade na Babel, Meta:Metapub, a versão do Meta da Esplanada. Boa sorte!

Ciao Pundit, şi bine aţi venit la Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Acest website este pentru coordonarea şi discuţiile tuturor proiectelor Wikimedia. Este folositor să citiţi pagina despre politica noastră.. Dacă sunteţi interesaţi de traducere, vizita-ţi Meta:Babylon. De asemenea puteţi lasa o notă pe Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub, (vă rugăm citiţi instrucţiunile de la începutul paginii înainte de a posta acolo). Dacă ai întrebări, nu ezita să mă întrebi pe pagina mea de discuţii talk page. Editare cu succes!

Здравствуйте, Pundit, и добро пожаловать на Мета-вики фонда Викимедиа! Этот сайт предназначен для координации и обсуждения вопросов, связанных со всеми проектами фонда. Для начала предлагаю ознакомиться с правилами этого проекта. Если Вы заинтересованы в работе над переводами страниц Мета-вики и других материалов, посетите Meta:Babylon. Вы также можете обсудить различные вопросы на странице Meta:Babel или Meta:Metapub (пожалуйста, ознакомьтесь с инструкцией сверху, прежде чем писать). Если возникнут вопросы, не бойтесь задавать их мне на моей странице обсуждения. Удачи!

Tjeta Pundit, dhe mirësevin në Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Ky vënd i rrjetës është për të koordinuar dhe diskutuar çdo projekt të Wikimediës. Mund ta gjësh të dobishme faqet e politikës sonë. Në qoftë se je duke interesuar në përkthime, vizitò Meta:Babylon. Mund të lësh një shënim në Meta:Babel ose Meta:Metapub (të lutem të lexosh përdorimet në fillim të fletës para se të postosh atje). Në qoftë se do, ndihu i/e lirë të më bsh pyetje në faqen time të diskutimit. Të auguroj një redaktim të këndshëm!

Здраво Pundit, и добро дошли на Викимедијин мета-вики! Овај сајт служи за координацију и дискусију око Викимедијиних пројеката. Вероватно ће Вам бити корисно да прочитате наше странице везане за политику рада. Ако сте заинтересовани за превођење, посетите Meta:Babylon. Можете такође и оставити поруку на страници Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub (молимо погледајте упутства на врху те странице пре него што пошаљете свој коментар тамо). Ако имате неко питање, можете да ми поставите на мојој страници за разговор. Срећно уређивање!

Hej Pundit, och välkommen till Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Meta är till för att diskutera och samordna alla Wikimedias projekt. Vill du veta mer om webbplatsen, kan vår policy-sida komma väl till pass. Är du intresserad av att hjälpa till med översättningar, besök Meta:Babylon. Du kan skriva diskussionsinlägg på Meta:Babel eller Meta:Metapub (läs instruktionerna överst på sidan innan du skriver något där). Om du vill, är du välkommen att ställa frågor på min diskussionssida. Lycka till med redigerandet!

வணக்கம் Pundit, விக்கிமீடியா மேல்விக்கி! இற்கு நல்வரவு. இவ்விணையத்தளமானது கூட்டாகச் சேர்ந்து விடயங்களை விவாதிப்பதற்கென உருவாக்கப் பட்டது. விக்கித்திட்டங்கள். நீங்கள் எங்களின் பாலிசிகளையும் பாலிசி பக்கம் படித்தறியலாம். நீங்கள் மொழிபெயர்பில் ஆர்வமுடையவராகின், Meta:Babylon ஐப் பார்வையிடவும். நீங்கள் Meta:Babel, Meta:Metapub இல் குறிப்பொன்றையும் விட்டுச் செல்லலாம். (பக்கத்தின் மேலேயிருக்கும் அறிவுறுத்தல்களை வாசித்தபின்னரே அங்கே செய்திகளை இடவும்). நீங்கள் விரும்பினால் எனது பக்கத்தில் செய்தியொன்றை விடவும் talk page. உங்கள் ஆக்கங்களை வரவேற்கின்றோம்!

Xin chào Pundit, và hoan nghênh bạn đến với Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! Trang web này dành cho việc phối hợp và thảo luận về tất cả các dự án Wikimedia. Có thể sẽ hữu ích nếu bạn xem qua trang quy định của chúng tôi. Nếu bạn cảm thấy thích việc dịch thuật, xin hãy ghé thăm Meta:Babylon. Bạn cũng có thể để lại một lời nhắn tại Meta:Babel hoặc Meta:Metapub (xin hãy đọc hướng dẫn ở đầu trang trước khi viết tại đó). Nếu thích, mời bạn thoải mái đặt câu hỏi tại trang thảo luận của tôi. Chúc bạn có giờ phút hoạt động vui vẻ!

中文(简体)‎: Pundit,你好!欢迎光临维基媒体元维基!这个网站是为协调和讨论所有维基媒体项目而设。我们的政策页可能对您有用。如果您有兴趣协助翻译工作,请参观Meta:Babylon。你可在Meta:BabelMeta:Metapub留下口讯(张贴之前请先读该页上指示)。若有问题,请在我的讨论页问我 。祝
编安!

中文(繁體)‎: Pundit,你好!歡迎光臨維基媒體元維基!這個網站是為協調和討論所有維基媒體項目而設。我們的政策頁可能對您有用。如果您有興趣協助翻譯工作,請參觀Meta:Babylon。你可在Meta:BabelMeta:Metapub留下口訊(張貼之前請先讀該頁上指示)。若有問題,請在我的討論頁問我 。祝
編安!

Alex Pereira falaê 00:20, 28 February 2008 (UTC)

Polish translation[edit]

You said I didn't ask you personally for translation so my argument was pointless. So now I'd ask you for your cooperation to update WMF website Polish version content, particularly Translation requests/WMF/About Wikimedia/pl (last major update was in March 2005) and Translation requests/WMF/Home/pl (last update was this February but the translator seems to work on a wrong version so it should be corrected). Requests for update were issued publicly at least twice iirc, but there was no responce, different from other language communities, sadly.

Thanks in advance. --Aphaia 05:22, 29 February 2008 (UTC)

User language box translation[edit]

Hello Pundit. Thank you very much for translating {{user language}}. The template has recently been changed to add two new levels, 0 and 4 (see detailed descriptions). Please update Template:User language/pl:

  • 0: this user cannot read or write Polski.
  • 4: this user can contribute at a near-native level in Polski. —{admin} Pathoschild 00:18:16, 25 March 2008 (UTC)

Re: Translations[edit]

My obligations. You're welcome. --minhhuy (talk) 04:37, 28 January 2012 (UTC)

Steward elections[edit]

Hello Pundit. I'm trying to make a choice for what to vote at your steward elections. And that's really not easy in your situation. On the one hand, you clearly have not enough cross-wiki experience. But on the other hand, you should have a perfect understanding of the privacy policy, which is nice for a steward.

For me, you are somebody who can be trusted. In my opinion, we don't necessarily need stewards speaking ten different languages, but people that speak correctly English and that respect policies. We also need people who are active enough to reduce the amount of work. On-wiki requests don't stay for more than 12 hours generally, so to me we don't need steward that plan to only handle on-wiki requests.

What we really need are people meeting the requirements above (for me, you are in this situation), and being active on IRC to handle emergencies and private user requests. And that's the point which makes me not really comfortable to support you at this stage. You answered to the question I asked that you "would be available at the proper IRC channel". I have waited three weeks and I haven't seen you on any IRC channel I am. Could you please make an effort to be there more often ? It's not that hard to connect on IRC, but you can believe me, I'm pretty sure you will be really helpful there.

Thanks by advance. -- Quentinv57 (talk) 09:02, 22 February 2012 (UTC)

Congratulations, Dear Steward![edit]

Hello Pundit! On behalf of the stewards' election committee, congratulations on your appointment as a steward! Your permissions have now been set and you are able to start the work.

You have been added to the list of stewards and the stewards' chart. Please take a moment to check that your details are accurate and update them if necessary. In addition, please subscribe to checkuser-l, the private mailing list for Wikimedia checkusers, and stewards-l, the private list for stewards. In addition, you will be given access to the related private wikis, one for checkusers and the other solely for stewards, details of which will be provided.

If you use IRC, please contact an operator for access to #wikimedia-checkuser and #wikimedia-privacy. Please also idle in #wikimedia-stewards when you are available for duty.

Best of luck with your new tools; I am sure you will do a fantastic job. Please remember that your fellow stewards are always available if you need a second opinion, either via the mailing list or on IRC.

Useful links:

On behalf of the election committee,
— Tanvir | Talk ] 01:26, 28 February 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for your comments[edit]

Thank you for comments on in this matter. I much appreciate your level-headed approach here. -- Seth Finkelstein (talk) 23:15, 5 September 2012 (UTC)

Thanks[edit]

I wanna thank you here but I'm unable to edit as the discussion there exceeded my device's (5000 characters max.) edit window support that's why using your talk page. So, thanks a lot for granting me the access. You are welcome on my pa.wiktionary talk page. And, if possible, please add my Thanks there. Thank you again. --tari Buttar (talk) 09:00, 10 September 2012 (UTC)

You have mail[edit]

Hi Pundit, just wanted to let you know that I've emailed you. Regards, Snowolf How can I help? 00:15, 18 September 2012 (UTC)

Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open[edit]

Hi there,

You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.

The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.

Thanks, Thehelpfulone 22:05, 6 October 2012 (UTC)

JoPP[edit]

For the record I agree with you that working with the Journal of Peer Production could be nice -- partly because their "scope" is right (IMO), in that it's "not just wikis". However, there are a number of questions, most notably it's "their show" -- they have set up software and workflows, so it might be difficult to make changes (e.g. to make the journal more like a laboratory). One possible route would be to invite them to help us set up our own system, using what they've learned. This leaves the door open to future collaboration, but also allows some flexibility about the details of the setup. Of course, it would take more work on our part. Arided (talk) 10:38, 8 November 2012 (UTC)

Yes, I agree. The advantages are in the already established board (but surely open to new people), some tools, workflows, etc. The laboratory part, in my view, has to be technically separate from the submit-review-revise-publish cycle anyway, and there if we are to be successful, recognized, etc., we need to rely on the existing tools. Pundit (talk) 11:01, 8 November 2012 (UTC)

I wanted to give you a Barnstar[edit]

FDC special barnstar

This is to recognize your hard work on the first round of the FDC! Thanks! Jan-Bart (talk) 19:16, 15 November 2012 (UTC)

Great work! Thanks for your commitment! Patricio.lorente (talk) 01:32, 16 November 2012 (UTC)

Turkish Wikipedia problem[edit]

Hi, I do not know English. Turkish Wikipedia is growing problems. Solution required. I'm not happy.--İncelemeelemani (talk) 22:43, 27 November 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for creating my user page[edit]

Thanks for the message. I put in some information for now and am planning to add in some more details over the next two days.--Runab WMF (talk) 04:04, 18 February 2013 (UTC)


Answers to your questions on Wikimedia France round 2 proposal[edit]

Hi Pundit, Just so you know we have answered your questions on our FDC proposal. Please feel free to follow-up on them if you need any more information to better understand our proposal. Best Schiste (talk) 16:47, 13 March 2013 (UTC)

Fundraising translation feedback[edit]

Hey Pundit,

I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.

To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Polish using This Link

Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.

Many Thanks

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 12:48, 26 March 2013 (UTC)

Ping[edit]

Hi Dariusz, I'm emailing you shortly on a Signpost matter. Tony (talk) 03:58, 29 April 2013 (UTC)

WMCZ GAC application[edit]

Hi Dariusz,

I would like to ask you to take a look at the recent GAC request submitted by the WMCZ community. My concern is that this is some bridge solution between GAC and FDC and I am not very sure if this is in GAC's scope. On the other hand, I am not sure if WMCZ is ready for the full FDC process - their FDC submission got mixed reviews and no funding due to several reasons, mostly issues with reporting/grant handling like programmes' description and reports on former grants past due.

As this might be a "chicken and egg" problem, I would like to consult with you about FDC's feelings about WMCZ's proposals and what path we can take with this community.

Best Regards, more on pl.wiki,
aegis maelstrom δ 07:52, 22 October 2013 (UTC)

I will alert the FDC to this, thanks. Pundit (talk) 10:12, 22 October 2013 (UTC)

English Wikipedia RfA[edit]

Hi Pundit, you're hardly active on en.wp as per en:Special:Contributions/Pundit, so could you explain how you came to vote in Piotrus' RfA on that project[1]. Seriously, we know that canvassing is not allowed, so I am unsure why you have engaged in it for Piotrus. I would probably advise that you strike your vote there; before I have an issue made of it. Russavia (talk) 20:34, 10 February 2014 (UTC)

Hi Russavia, thank you for your inquiry. I do not edit en-wiki much, but I visit the watchlist daily. I also try to follow RfAs, but only vote when I spot someone I know or when I feel comfortable to weigh in (which is hardly ever, due to my inactivity). I know Piotrus as a researcher, and I met him in HKG. In any case, Piotrus has a snowball chance of making it through anyway :) Pundit (talk) 11:00, 11 February 2014 (UTC)

vandal[edit]

Please step in and block this vandal on en.wikiquote (no local admin around to stop the disruption). Thanks ~ DanielTom (talk) 17:20, 13 March 2014 (UTC)

Never mind, vandal already taken care of. ~ DanielTom (talk) 17:49, 13 March 2014 (UTC)

Email[edit]

Hi Pundit, please check your email inbox for a message I sent a minute ago. :) Cheers, Mathonius (talk) 12:05, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

FDC: WMF proposal feedback[edit]

Hello Dariusz,

thank you for the call for participation. I am sorry that it took me that long: you know the reasons.

If it is not too late, I have put 2 cents on the page, feel free to read. I am sorry it is not better structured and more complex (and earlier :) ) but I hope it gives some perspective. 3 key points would be:

  • High costs of Silicon Valley Office and an opportunity to off-shore / build competence centres on cheaper markets, maybe run by affiliates;
  • Need of search for new UX models - which is demanding both in terms of a budget and management;
  • High, rising and inprecisely described general costs.

Kind Regards,
aegis maelstrom δ 22:09, 8 May 2014 (UTC)

Bypassing Antispoof[edit]

You renamed Umafiy to FuzzyDice, without first checking whether a Fuzzydice existed. It did: Special:Centralauth/Fuzzydice, and in renaming, you assigned a username that AntiSpoof would have stopped the creation for... I don't know what we should do now with FuzzyDice, but you need to check existing users before renaming. Snowolf How can I help? 14:39, 4 September 2014 (UTC)

We should probably get them to put in a system where it would force us to tick a box to overrule AntiSpoof, I think. It's so easy to forget about it :( Snowolf How can I help? 22:52, 4 September 2014 (UTC)

Permalinks appreciated in logs[edit]

Hello, permalinks are very appreciated in log entries for rights changes. Thanks! --Nemo 11:01, 6 September 2014 (UTC)

Thanks[edit]

Hello. I wanted to thank you for closing my nomination. Regards.--Avocato (talk) 11:43, 1 October 2014 (UTC)

Thanks Buddy :-)[edit]

Thank you very much Pundit, for your quick assistance over renaming my Global account. https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:!dea4u&diff=prev&oldid=10346104 I have few queries in my mind post, the rename process; like 1) Is my Userid been changed across all projects? 2)I am still seeing old username at few places in wikipedia, How can they be removed/replaced? (  !dea4u   04:54, 29 October 2014 (UTC))

Sysop rights in hy.wiktionary[edit]

Hi Pundit , week ago I've applied for rights and got the administrator privileges. Thank you for your attention. -Beko (talk) 10:17, 12 November 2014 (UTC)

I checked, the bot removed rights. Can you restores? Thanks! -Beko (talk) 10:25, 12 November 2014 (UTC)

Sysop rights in ie.wikipedia[edit]

Hi Pundit, I need to get temporary Admin Rights in the ie.wikipedia again as we need to merge some pages as they are double. This refers to the articles ie:Posen and ie:Lieberec. I want to transfer the additional contents to the other articles about this town and then delete them. Also the article about the non-existing Indian writer reappeared. Where can I ask for temporary adminship? We had a direct link here, but unfortunately it has been deleted. Thank you for your help! Valodnieks (talk) 08:26, 1 March 2015 (UTC)

Signpost inquiry[edit]

Hi, I've emailed you. Thanks, Tony (talk) 16:25, 10 May 2015 (UTC)

Autobiting newcomers[edit]

Hello, Pundit. It seems good-faith newcomers often get bitten unintentionally by people using editing tools, even when many editors, shown the newcomer's edits in a survey, don't agree that they should reverted. Can you think of changes to these tools that might help? HLHJ (talk) 20:07, 17 May 2015 (UTC)

Thanks! I admit I haven't read your book, though it looks interesting. I did read the questions, including the one I think you mean. I was wondering if you had any specific ideas, but you're right; it would be better to ask everyone on IdeaLab. HLHJ (talk) 20:32, 17 May 2015 (UTC)

Congratulations on your success in WMF board elections 2015[edit]

  • Hi Dariusz -- as you're aware, I endorsed your candidacy, so I am especially pleased to see you join the Board of Trustees. Well done -- and best of luck in moving the organization and the movement toward a brighter future! -Pete F (talk) 02:52, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
  • Congratulations on your win. Best wishes.--Arjunaraoc (talk) 03:08, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
  • Dear Dariusz - Congratulations on your success.... Hope the foundation and the movement will be strengthened with your endeavors.. Ahmed Nisar (talk) 06:44, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
  • Dear Dariusz, I congratulate you for your success in this election and I am extremely sure that you can better efficiently the main performances of Wikimedia Foundation these years. --Csisc (talk) 09:29, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
  • For great justice! --Ricordisamoa 17:46, 6 June 2015 (UTC)
  • Congratulations. --Uğurkenttalk 09:31, 8 June 2015 (UTC)
  • I'm very pleased for your success at the Board of Trustees' elections. I voted for you. We met in the end of your speech at Wikimania 2014 and asked you to sign a copy of your book.--Salah Almhamdi (talk) 17:23, 23 June 2015 (UTC)

SuperProtect[edit]

Hi! I was intrigued by your comment on Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard, specifically regarding Superprotect. First, I was not aware that SP had been used to enforce VisualEditor. I am aware of at least one occasion it was used on WikiData, but the evidence I have seen is that SP was actually unnecessary; there were other tools which were already in use. But I am very ready to be corrected on that event.

Can you explain your "initiative ... to resolve the SuperProtect issue"? This is a topic of considerable interest to me. - Amgine/meta wikt wnews blog wmf-blog goog news 01:17, 29 July 2015 (UTC)

Thanks for the timely response!
We may not be able to agree about the usefulness of the tool as its only purpose is to enforce a power differential between the Community and the Foundation; all other use cases I have seen presented may already be accomplished via other means. That is, it cannot be useful except to the Foundation to overrule the Community.
However, I am certainly interested in working toward resolutions which reduce conflict. A good first step is usually to make clear the current state of affairs. As far as I am aware, no public log of the use of Superprotect is available, possibly leading to distrust on the community's part because they do not know the scope of its use. If there is such a public log, it should be advertised at least on Meta, perhaps at Superprotect as well as in Special:SpecialPages. - Amgine/meta wikt wnews blog wmf-blog goog news 14:46, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
<nod> Again, we may end up needing to agree to disagree; my opinion is there are other tools which have been successfully used, so there is no specific need for a tool as brutal as Superprotect. However, repeating my previous point, currently Superprotect is a secret weapon which has altered the relationship between the foundation (the child of the community) and the community. It appears to me to have a chilling effect on discussion, and on creativity; people are simply not challenging the status quo, pushing the envelope to see if it can do X, or arguing as hard for/against changes they think would help/harm their work. And a lot of people have retired. I think a very important step—assuming the tool will continue to be a core part of Mediawiki, so I am not arguing for its removal in this discussion—is to reduce the mystery and secrecy by publishing a log of its use. This should have the dual effects of reducing fear/uncertainty/doubt for the community because they will see when/where it used and will better understand why, and may result in fewer uses when other options exist - Maslow's hammer1 otherwise. - Amgine/meta wikt wnews blog wmf-blog goog news 15:25, 30 July 2015 (UTC)

Need to split the bigger block[edit]

For the anon only block you did for https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Steward_requests%2FGlobal&type=revision&diff=13002524&oldid=12998480 there is still a /32 block in place, which will need to excised somehow. See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:GlobalBlockList/2001:41D0:2:7530:0:0:0:0 Looks butt ugly in reality, and might be better to look to IPBE.  — billinghurst sDrewth 12:47, 5 August 2015 (UTC)

User:Mjbmr@fawikivoyage[edit]

You shouly only remove his adminship. Why you also removed IP block exempt and transwiki importer flag?--GZWDer (talk) 07:39, 7 August 2015 (UTC)

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[edit]

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

Last call for WMF grants feedback![edit]

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Please sign new Wikimedia confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information by 15 December[edit]

This is a message from the Wikimedia Foundation. Translations are available.

Wikimedia Foundation logo - vertical (2012-2016).svg

As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.

An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.

The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that anyone with access to nonpublic information sign the new confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have access to nonpublic information and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy.

Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. The general confidentiality agreement is now ready, and the OTRS agreement will be ready after 22 September 2015. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign

If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnum@wikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 15 December 2015 (OTRS users have until 22 December 2015) to retain your access to nonpublic information. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you,
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by the MediaWiki message delivery 23:33, 15 September 2015 (UTC) • TranslateGet help

What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?[edit]

IdeaLab logo dark orange.png

Hi there,

I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!

Here’s how to participate:

Take care,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 03:33, 5 December 2015 (UTC)

Wikinews and Wikivoyage Thai[edit]

Please Open that by final decision please Now Wiki Thai want to open them [2] [3] --Parintar (talk) 11:26, 15 December 2015 (UTC)

Merry Christmas and happy new year[edit]

Merry Christmas and happy new year. (:

--Pine

Your participation in Wikimedia Conference 2016[edit]

Hi Pundit,
Hope all is well in your end. My name is María, I am communications and outreach coordinator in the Community Engagement department at WMF. I need to reach out to you over email about your participation at WMCON 2016. The email address I have is bouncing back, however. Could you please let me know the best way to reach you? Otherwise, you can also email me at mcruz@wikimedia · org. Looking forward to your message!
Best, María (WMF) (talk) 14:16, 25 January 2016 (UTC)

Future IdeaLab Campaigns results[edit]

IdeaLab badge 1.png

Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.

With great thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 23:55, 26 January 2016 (UTC)


Request for voting rights[edit]

Dear Sir, I have been working here for eight years. Last year, probably in February, my username Shahab was forcefully changed into an ugly username Shahab~urwiki for the sake of unified login/ Global account policy, by wikipedia management. Getting dishearted, I started using my another username which is شہاب, and requested to kindly merge my two accounts one year ago (see here- serial number 55). My request is still pending due to unavailability of merging tools.
Now, when I tried to cast vote for steward elections, I was labelled "ineligible" by bot. If my both username would have been merged, I becomes eligible to cast vote.
I therefore humbly request you to kindly assess my eligibility to cast vote for steward election by manual means (instead of using some bot).

thanks
previous name: Shahab~urwiki
current name: شہاب

Harassment workshop[edit]

Greetings! You are receiving this message because, at some point in the past, you have participated in a discussion around the topic of harassment. The Support and Safety team is holding a series of consultations gathering feedback on the best potential solutions to the problem. The next stage is a workshop where we hope to narrow the focus to individual actionable ideas and explore how to bring some of these ideas to life.

Best regards, the Support and Safety team via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:35, 17 February 2016 (UTC)

Question about the Board minutes[edit]

Hi Dariusz, could you please look into the issue of which Board meeting approved the 2015–2016 budget of $2,445,873 for the Knowledge Engine/Discovery? (See grant application, p. 9, which says the budget obtained Board approval.)

I've asked about it twice on the mailing list, [4][5] and I've looked through the minutes, but I can't find it. I'm hoping that, as a member of the Board Governance Committee, you'll be in a position to look into it further. Best wishes, SarahSV talk 01:53, 18 February 2016 (UTC)

Cup of tea[edit]

Cup of tea

While we have a few differences of opinion, I deeply appreciate and respect your frequent engagement in difficult public discussions. This has been hard on pretty much everyone, and I hope that in the long run all of us and WMF as a whole will survive and thrive. Thank you for being present and listening. --Pine 20:53, 25 February 2016 (UTC)

@Pine: Many thanks, I really appreciate it! Pundit (talk) 20:55, 25 February 2016 (UTC)

Wishing you an amazing work as a Board member. And hopefully you come back soon to the team. ;) Take care. RadiX 16:54, 28 February 2016 (UTC)

Question[edit]

Hi dear Pundit, can You look this page Requests for comment/Indefinite block the user:6AND5 in the armenian Wikipedia ? I don't know what else to do...--6AND5 (talk) 22:36, 28 February 2016 (UTC)

I've just stepped down from my stewardship! Pundit (talk) 22:37, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
Sorry, I don't understand the answer?--6AND5 (talk) 00:01, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
I don't get involved in local wiki blocks, since I basically do not feel competent either way most of the time. Pundit (talk) 00:06, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Susanna Mkrtchyan can write the sysops and they will remove my block, but it is not doing. Her word for most sysos it as law. And the sysop, who blocked me, everywhere screaming her name, so that others are afraid to give a solution to this issue. And she says nothing... --6AND5 (talk) 00:19, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Аnd who do I contact?--6AND5 (talk) 00:19, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review[edit]

WPCube.png

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Confirmation discussions[edit]

Dear Pundit,

As you probably know, the confirmation discussions for Stewards have been closed. In order to determine the outcome of these discussions, you are invited to comment on Talk:Stewards/Confirm/2016 before scheduled closure of the confirmation section "one week after the appointment of the newly elected stewards" (Sunday 6th of March, 17:22 UTC), though the closing time might be extended at the ElectCom's discretion for an extra week if it is believed "further input is required before concluding". All stewards are welcome to comment, including those newly elected.

For those who ran for confirmation, consider revising comments regarding you, and replying to those where appropriate. Savhñ 08:01, 4 March 2016 (UTC)

Query[edit]

Hi Dariusz, people have asked several times why Doc James proposed accepting the Knight grant, when in fact he opposed it. James said he supported it under pressure, specifically because Jimmy had alluded a few days earlier to trustees being removed. For example:

"Why did I vote for the grant? I am not known for doing things I don't agree with, but I was under pressure and was attempting to vote strategically. In retrospect I made an error. Jimmy Wales had made comments about removing other board members during the days before the Knight grant vote." [6]
"One board member stating that they wish to remove other board members I believe applies pressure and is a fairly specific example. This of course happened during a discussion and therefore written evidence is lacking." [7]

Because this is alleged to have happened during a Board discussion, I assume other trustees would have been present. Did you hear Jimmy or anyone else refer to removing trustees, or to something that could have been interpreted that way? SarahSV talk 00:15, 13 March 2016 (UTC)

My recollection of what happened is that James was not threatened in relation to the Knights grant. I also had a lot of initial doubts, and was suspicious of the grant (that's why I requested additional information about it), but we reviewed it and were convinced there was no secret monkey business going on (while, admittedly, grand/iose language, some silly cloak and dagger ambitions, etc. may have influenced the application, it became clear to us that the donor shared the WMF's understanding of much more modest deliverables, and there was no "secret big project" actually under development). If I had remaining doubts, I would have voted against - even if there was pressure from other trustees. I did vote against fellow trustees, in spite of pressure, on occasions when I believed it is in the best interest of the WMF, and I believe this is a critically important quality for a trustee (to be able to resist pressure). However, let me reiterate: I don't recall any threats related to the approval of the Knights grant. Pundit (talk) 11:28, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
Did you hear Jimmy or anyone else refer to removing trustees, or to something that could have been interpreted that way? Thanks Peter Damian (talk) 12:55, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
James says here that " The project formally know as the Knowledge Engine was frequently referred to as a "moon shot" in November 2015 by a number of my fellow board members. This terminology I believe accurately highlighted the size, expense, and risk that this proposal was." Is this true? Peter Damian (talk) 12:57, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
Let me support the questions above, and put this in what I hope is the least inflammatory way possible: Just speaking hypothetically, because I wasn't there, but as a general observation, it's possible for phrasing to be used that one person would not call a threat, but another person might find to be threatening with plausible deniability. For example, simply illustrating, "James, your position on this grant is not loving and thoughtful. You should consider how your bad conduct here reflects poorly on you. And further, what it might mean for your future ability to serve as a member of this board if you continue trolling like you've been doing." Now, is this a threat? It could certainly be perceived as a veiled way of conveying "If you don't get on the bandwagon, you're going to be removed.". But to say that was being done is to set oneself up for a denial along the lines of "No, no, calling that a threat is just more bad-faith action - I was merely expressing my frustration at your repeated dishonorable behavior, as you have just demonstrated once more by making such an unsupported accusation against my benevolent attempt to show you the error of your ways.". Did you observe anything like this sort of statement (subject to, let us call it, multiple interpretation)? -- Seth Finkelstein (talk) 13:30, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
I am convinced James is reporting what he honestly believes is true, I definitely don't want to state that in my eyes he consciously falsifies his account of the events. It is possible that what I perceived as a normal argument in a discussion about the Knights grant was perceived as a threat by him. I just don't recall a situation related to this grant especially, that could be construed as a threat. I am aware that memories are fluid and that my recollection is just as imperfect as James'. Pundit (talk) 13:43, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
No one is stating that the comments regarding removal "directly" related to the Knights grant discussions. And Pundit you are being very careful to make sure your statements only cover discussions related to this grant specifically. We of course parse how higher levels discussions relate to lower level issues differently which is perfectly fine. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 20:17, 14 March 2016 (UTC)

┌─────────────────────────────────┘
Dariusz, thanks for the responses. I agree with you completely about the importance of trustees being able to resist pressure, which is why I've been asking about this.

I'm wondering whether something was said and interpreted in a way not intended.

James has said the comment about "the potential removal of board members" was made on 7 or 8 November. [8] Did you hear Jimmy say anything about the potential removal of board members, whether in relation to the Knight grant or anything else? SarahSV talk 02:22, 14 March 2016 (UTC)

Seconded. Though I suspect that if Jimmy Wales had never said anything of the sort, Dariusz would have said so long ago. That Dariusz hasn't said that kind of answers the question. Andreas JN466 23:21, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
I agree, but I wish we weren't left to read between the lines. Dariusz, I realize that you're in an awkward position, but please just tell us what you heard. We're not asking you to interpret the words or take a side. You may strongly disagree with James's interpretation, and we may end up feeling the same way. But it's important to know what was said. SarahSV talk 00:16, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
+1 -Pete F (talk) 02:09, 23 March 2016 (UTC)
Apropos clip -- Seth Finkelstein (talk) 00:37, 23 March 2016 (UTC)

Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[edit]

IEG barnstar 2.png

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.

With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 15:57, 31 March 2016 (UTC)

Board procedures[edit]

Dear Prof. Jemielniak

As chair of the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee I ask you to have the Committee consider the Board's adherence to its proccedures in publishing the dates, agenda and minutes of its meetings, in accordance with the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee Charter under Policies and Procedures section 2. As discussed at Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard#Meetings in February and March 2016, the procedures and deadlines laid down in the Wikimedia Foundation Board Handbook do not seem to have been adhered to in the case of the Board's meetings in December 2015 and January and March 2016.

I further ask you to publish the Committee's conclusions and recommendations to the Community.

Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 20:57, 24 April 2016 (UTC)

Board Composition[edit]

Dear Prof. Jemielniak

I understand that the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee, in accordance with its Charter has responsibility under Board Composition to (1) "Establish and maintain a grid of the skills and experience required on the Board and identify those that are currently met and unmet." and (2) "Inform community members of the skills and experience that the Board requires, and, when appropriate, actively encourage people with those skills to stand for election."

Since there are currently vacancies on the Board, I ask the Committee to publish the required information to the Community in order that the Community can help you in your task.

Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:01, 24 April 2016 (UTC)

  • Shortly after I posted this request, you mentioned at another page that Before Wikimania I intend to start a discussion about the Board's reform, and even before that I plan to publish an agreed on skills matrix [9]. Since Wikimania starts within the week, this seems an opportune time to ask whether you are keeping to that timetable, or whether you expect to have to revise it, and if so, when this skills matrix will be published. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:39, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
    Thanks for the reminder - I've focused on discussing an external governance review, and things got a little delayed, but once we close that topic I hope to switch to the Board reform (not entirely unrelated from governance review, btw, as it may bring good directions, too). Pundit (talk) 12:13, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for that. I request that you expand on your response to say when you will publish the skills matrix, in accordance with the BGC Charter. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 18:18, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for posting it. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 07:05, 22 June 2016 (UTC)

Governance Committee proceedings[edit]

Dear Prof. Jemelniak

I note that the Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee appears to have published no information about its proceedings since 2014. In particular I do not believe that the Committee published anything about the results of the consultation Thinking about the WMF Board composition. I wonder whether you consider that this is satisfactory? Your predecessor suggested that sufficient information was available through the Board minutes and resolutions. Do you agree?

Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:22, 24 April 2016 (UTC)

@Rogol Domedonfors: Meh. No, I don't think it is sufficient. Please, note that we're currently in extreme overload mode - apart from the regular BGC work (board composition, recruitment, skill-improvement for Board members) we're also seeking a new ED. I intend to re-open the conversation about the Board composition soon (before Wikimania), as I think the whole system may require more than minor tweaks. Pundit (talk) 14:23, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for your response. I suggest that the current load on the Board does not entirely explain the lack of engagement going back to 2014. Indeed, had the BGC been more active in engaging with the Community early on, the Board might not now be in its current situation. I understand that you acknowledge that the overall situation is not satisfactory, although I am disappointed that you do not appear to disclose any plans for dealing with it.
By the way, as a speaker of a rather old-fashioned form of British English, I am unfamiliar with the precise nuances of the interjection "Meh". I understand that it denotes something in the nature of unimportant or uninteresting. If that is indeed the case, perhaps you would clarify for me which part of my comment, or your response, you would attach those words to? Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:50, 27 April 2016 (UTC)
First of all, my "meh" was meant to be an onomatopoeic expression of disappointment. As a non-native speaker I've used this expression incorrectly, it was not meant to signify a lack of interest. Second of all, I think we do indeed need to start proper reporting from within the committees. It is a tough call, when we're already overwhelmed with work, to require additional hours for minutes preparation, but we should make more effort in this area. Regarding practical solutions, so far I have proposed:
  • training for Board members in three forms:
    • skills training in the areas identified by the Board members by external instructors (to be discussed),
    • knowledge workshops by the WMF staff,
    • cultural workshops for the Board members unfamiliar with the wiki world.
  • improvement in reporting:
    • publishing drafts of agenda ahead of the Board meetings,
    • more timely minutes publication.

We're discussing these improvements now, I am hopeful we'll do better. Pundit (talk) 18:39, 27 April 2016 (UTC)

Thank you for that detailed reply. I should emphasise that the request for better communication from the BGC and the other committees is not a matter of idle curiosity, not is it a legalistic insistence on process. I believe it is important to restart this engagement because I believe that the Community could help you if that engagement were in place. For example, you are currently looking for new members of the Board, It seems likely that there are members of the Community able to suggest suitable names, or suitable themselves, if they knew what mix of skills, competencies, experience and expertise you were looking for: hence my request to you in the section above. I seem to remember that last September there was an open call for suggestions, to which I responded with some suggestions. Unfortunately there was no clear guidance as to what criteria were going to be applied and I did not receive any feedback either. That process did not end well, and perhaps more open engagement with the Community at an early stage would have prevented that difficulty. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 05:43, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
I agree with you and soon I intend to publish the desired skill-matrix, as well as our priorities in search for new Board members. Pundit (talk) 13:36, 28 April 2016 (UTC)
We look forward to that. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 11:53, 30 April 2016 (UTC)
Have you been able to make any progress on publishing this information to the community in the last month, or have you decided not to do so? Are you still looking for suggestions from the community of names of potential trustees, or have you now decided that the community can have no useful part to play in the selection process? Please let us know. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:20, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
Unfortunately, the work on this has been delayed beyond my desire. I hope to move on and discuss this within the BGC before Wikimania (which is still a month later, than I expected). Pundit (talk) 22:28, 29 May 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for the response, which I have to say I find disappointing. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:44, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
  • I see that the recommendations to the Board have been published at wmf:Board Governance Recommendations (April 2016). Unfortunately it is not possible to hold an open discussion on that wiki. Is there a location on which you wish to receive feedback or engage with the community on this issue? I put the question in that rather tentative way because I am disappointed by the lack of any recommendations concerning communication to or engagement with the broader community. Indeed, the only mention I can find is the line Avoid letting minority perspectives disproportionately take up the Foundation and the Board's attention which suggests to me that you intend to positively reject constructive questions, comments and suggestions from individuals such as myself, no matter how well-qualified or well-meaning they may be. Of course if that is the case, and it is consistent with the lack of engagement at the Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard, then by all means say so. If the Board believes that it can resolve all the issues facing the movement now and in the future from within its own internal resources, without support from the broader community or even its own Advisory Committee, then that is your decision to make, no matter how unwise it may be from my or any other "minority perspectives". But please make that decision explicit, so that those of us trying to help you can go off and do other things instead. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 06:49, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
    First of all, I don't think that our improvements to governance are finished. It is the beginning of the process. Second of all, I agree with you that communication is key; this is why we're considering it as a whole separate issue. We have discussed it extensively in May and the recommendations are available here. Pundit (talk) 13:35, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
    Additionally, we hope to improve the advisory board over the summer, and also are considering external governance consulting options. Pundit (talk) 13:37, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for pointing to that further recent update. It seems to be mainly about the Board getting better at communicating to the Community, and not to attach much weight to be Board engaging with and listening to the Community. I had hoped to hear about the latter, which has frankly been at a low ebb, and which might have avoided some of the Boar's present difficulties. Of interest is that there is a clear recommendation to engage better with the paid staff, presumably as a reaction to the recent troubles. Are you sure that you are not simply reacting to those? I do not understand exactly what you mean by "improve" the Advisory Committee, since it has in fact lapsed completely. I assume that you mean that you intend to constitute a new one. As with the Board itself, will you publish any specifications for the sorts of people you want on the Advisory Committee, so that the Community may help you with suggestions? Are you looking for suggested names now? Or do you take the view that the Community can be of no assistance in this matter? Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:40, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Communicating with staff is also a priority, one of the reasons we want to introduce some staff liaison to the board, or a similar solution. The advisory board requires serious revamp indeed. There is basically not enough bandwidth to handle all this immediately. Pundit (talk) 21:57, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Unfortunately by the same token it seems that engaging with the community (two-way not one-way communication) is lower in priority. There was a proposal for how that might work but no other member of the Board thought it worth comment. I note that you are being careful not to say whether or not you think that the Community, or any members thereof, might be capable of helping the Board. Is that a deliberate omission? If it is your view that none of us can possibly be of any help to you, just say so. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:04, 3 June 2016 (UTC)
On the contrary - I am convinced the community could help, the only problem is that arranging a structure for facilitating it would require the time we don't currently have. Naturally, if the community arranged a sensible ready to go structure, it would work, but it is not realistic. Even the proposal you've made to engage the community more is, in my view, practically controversial (as I pointed out), and did not pick any interest from anyone else in the commmunity neither... It is really difficult to coordinate, that's one of the main reasons our current practices are not functional. Pundit (talk) 12:06, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
Well, we seem to be at an impasse. You believe the Community could help but taking the time to let them do so is not a sufficiently high priority. It seems there is no way I or the other volunteers can help you. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:29, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
You could propose processes for such a discussion, discuss them within the community, come back with the widely accepted ideas :) Pundit (talk) 21:15, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
Interesting. I seem to recall that back in March, after a considerable amount of support was gathered within the Community for a certain course of action by the Board, a certain widely accepted suggestion was met with the answer "I don't think that spending 30 minutes discussing this at a Board meeting NOW makes sense" [10]. So no, thank you. If you do not choose to engage with the Community then so be it. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 21:36, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
With all due respect, since I was appointed, I contacted the ED every 1-2 weeks about Superprotect, and I also added it to the agenda of every Board meeting. I believe it did significantly contribute to its being gone sooner, rather than later. All in all, I want to focus on practical solutions, and on making things done. Just continued discussions don't serve this purpose, as long as they are not conclusive. I'm telling you now that the Board is out of bandwidth. Would it be great to engage the community more? Sure. But coordination of this effort takes away time needed for critical issues. Like, searching the new ED, considering governance improvements and review, recruiting new members, or strategy, to mention just a few. If there are good will community members who want to be active and help, the first step would be laying the ground for structural support for further communication and collaboration. Of course, it is perfectly fine if you don't want to engage. Pundit (talk) 23:48, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
Excuse me, but I do not see where that last sentence comes from -- or rather, I do, and I don't like it. As you must be well aware, I have been trying to engage on certain topics at the Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard for some little while and have met with rather little response. You suggest that I might like to go away and get the Community create an entire structure for Board engagement while the Board does something else, being too busy to do anything about Community engagement. My response is that a comparable community initiative did not work in the past. And now you suggest that it is I who does not want to engage. That is, to put it mildly, disingenuous; it is untrue and it is offensive. It is clearly intended to put an end to this discussion, and I think I will let it do so. The Board does not wish to allocate "bandwidth", which I take to be shorthand for time and effort, to furthering engagement with the Community, and you do not wish to continue the discussion: coupled with your obvious desire to frame the narrative to make it appear that it is me not you who is unwilling to engage -- all of these things combine make further constructive disussion impossible. I think that it is a great shame that you are unable or unwilling to be helped on this crucial issue. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 06:55, 5 June 2016 (UTC)
The only thing I'm saying that it is more difficult, but also more useful at the moment to work on constructive solutions with the community, rather than only throw ideas at the Board. I honestly tell you that we're out of bandwidth for non-critical stuff - and I hope it will change. Pundit (talk) 13:38, 5 June 2016 (UTC)

Re: doi:10.1002/asi.23691[edit]

Are you going to archive the pre-print or post-print in an institutional repository? The journal allows it (of course). You can also use Zenodo if your university's infrastructure doesn't suffice. Nemo 08:27, 24 May 2016 (UTC)

@Nemo bis: Post-print, as it allows citations (page numbers). But I naturally gladly share pre, if interested :) Pundit (talk) 09:12, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
Ok, let me know when the PDF is available. Nemo 17:08, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
@Nemo bis: I mean, I can send it to you even now, without page numbers, just let me know a convenient email address that accepts attachments. I will post it in a public repository once the page numbers are available though. Pundit (talk) 19:29, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for your offer but I'm not in a rush to read the article, I was mostly asking for a link to include in the next issue of the research newsletter. I can read the article at the same time as everyone else. :) By the way, could you tell me where I can find the institutional repository of your university, as I can't seem to find one on the OpenDOAR list (unless it's this Warsaw consortium)? Thanks, Nemo 21:29, 27 May 2016 (UTC)
@Nemo bis:I've been trying to persuade my uni to go open and start a normal full repository for quite a long while... No success yet, we're advised to use academia or researchgate, which are obviously flawed solutions, some of us also store on uni servers, but with no consistent structure. I'm working on it. Pundit (talk) 13:31, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Ok, point them to [11]. In the meanwhile, http://dissem.in/0000-0002-3745-7931/ lists 20 publications of yours which you could upload to Zenodo with their "one click" facility, plus 52 which may need checking. Nemo 19:45, 2 June 2016 (UTC)

Thank you for participating in Learning Day, Wikimedia Conference 2016[edit]

Engineering; large cogs meshing together, and diagrams of ep Wellcome V0024643.jpg
Certificate of participation in
Learning Day
Wikimedia Conference 2016
Pundit, we hope the resources you took on this day help you to expand your projects and coach other peers in your local community!
Make sure to keep the learning wheel rolling: (1) share something you learn via a Learning Pattern; (2) share any new resources you create on our portal and social media.
Warmly, the Learning Day team. María (WMF) (talk) 21:22, 26 May 2016 (UTC)


Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment![edit]

NounProject Leaves.png

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)

Counting as the community[edit]

You wrote [12] on [Wikimedia-l] Community survey to support the WMF ED search starts right now the phrase "me, hopefully counting as the community". Does that mean that you regard yourself as sitting on this team not as a Board member but as a representative of the Community? Or that as a Board member, with the collective responsibiity that entails, you will be able to have some insight into what the Community might want or need, even though it might be your duty as a Bord member regretfully to give them something else? In either case, do you propose any specific actions to engage with the Community beyond those already being undertaken in order to fulfill this role? Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:39, 4 June 2016 (UTC)

I mean that I've been an engaged community member for 10 years, and I just happen to be a Board member for some time now. My mandate comes from the community, the community can take it (as I declared), and while fulfilling my fiduciary duties, I still remain part of the community. Pundit (talk) 15:26, 21 June 2016 (UTC)
As a member of the Board, your mandate comes from the Board that appointed you -- it having become clear that the so-called election process is in fact a nomination process -- and you have a duty to the Foundation to act in accordance with its interests as laid down by your Board predecessors. To the extent that that duty aligns with the perceived wishers of the Community, all is well. To the extent that it does not, you have the choice to act in accordance with your duty as a Board member rather than as a Community member, or to deliberately act against your duty as a Board member, or to cease to be a Board member. This is clear and presumably well-understood. However none of it bears directly on the question, which was whether in order to take part in the search process you propose any specific actions to engage with the Community beyond those already being taken as a Board member? Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 16:24, 21 June 2016 (UTC)
I'm not sure I understand the question. I advocated for having a large survey in 10 languages, to understand the wishes of the community in regards to the ED search. If you propose a better method that may help us understand the community's actual stance, go ahead - but I don't think that one single person (or several, for that matter) are better positioned to understand the community as a whole, than a set of direct questions to the community itself. Pundit (talk) 09:28, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
I asked you to explain the phrase "me, hopefully counting as the community". Your answer did not seem to me consistent with my understanding of a Board member's position, but that is for you to resolve as you see fit, since the Community does not appoint Board members or assign their rights and responsibilities. I also asked whether, on the assumption that you meant that you regarded yourself as having a special personal remit to represent or relay the views of the Community, you intended to take any personal initiative to find the Community's views beyond the institutional initiatives such as those that you have just mentioned. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 13:27, 22 June 2016 (UTC)

Advisory Board[edit]

Does the remit of the Board Governance Committee extend to the composition of the Advisory Board? (The clause Facilitate the committee appointment process for Board committees seems relevant.) Does the Board intend to reconstitute this committee, having allowed it to lapse by the end of 2015? If so, I ask you to publish the list of selection criteria and involve the Community in the nomination and selection process. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 19:17, 26 June 2016 (UTC)

Yes, it is one of the BGC's priorities to revise and re-ignite the Advisory Board. Pundit (talk) 14:47, 27 June 2016 (UTC)

Your questions to the FDC nominees[edit]

Hi Dariusz! Thank you for participating in the FDC candidates discussion. Your questions and their answers will, as you well know (:P), be taken into consideration by the Board when making their decision, so thank you for providing different thoughts and outlooks on the nominations. Cheers! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 09:14, 18 July 2016 (UTC)

Your disclosure[edit]

I think you should know that I opened a discussion at Talk:Wikimedia Foundation Board Governance Committee#Liaison with the Election Committee. I think that this was an error of judgement. Rogol Domedonfors (talk) 20:37, 22 July 2016 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign survey on outreach to outside knowledge networks[edit]

Inspire Campaign Knowledge Networks Logo.png

Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.

Please feel free to let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about the campaign or the survey. Thanks! I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 18:34, 31 March 2017 (UTC)

(Opt-out instructions)

Survey link error fixed[edit]

Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)

Uncontrolled spending increases[edit]

In my essay at User:Guy Macon/Wikipedia has Cancer I make several proposals.

Whether of not you agree with the essay as a whole, would you be willing to propose and/or support the following?

  • Make spending largely transparent, publish a detailed account of what money is being spent on and answer any reasonable questions asking for more details.
  • Limit spending increases to no more than inflation plus some percentage (adjusted for any increases in page views). Are you willing to support any limit at all on spending growth, and if so roughly how much? 10%? 20%? 30%?
  • Build up our endowment and structure the endowment so that the WMF cannot legally dip into the principal when times get bad.

--Guy Macon (talk) 02:43, 19 April 2017 (UTC)

Guy, thank you for your message. I agree with your general principle that we should never allow the WMF to run into debt, and risk our creation. Also, I agree that there should be careful limits to growth. There are different ways to look at the WMF - one way is to see it as an organization that has to compete and play in the league with heavy players who have 100x its current budget. But I do understand your concern about the growth. My personal bigger worry is whether we spend this money wisely. I would not have a problem with the WMF having a budget of 100m, if every cent (ok, every 1k) was spent frugally, wisely and with a clear contribution to our projects. I don't agree with you that a growth in budget is necessarily a sign of cancer - in fact, I believe that with the technological advances we do need to spend more to keep up, just not to become obsolete. But I am also concerned that the money are not always spent effectively. Regarding your specific questions:
  • In principle, spending should be largely transparent, to some level of granularity. The WMF budget is not transparent enough in this respect - while some general categories are visible, it is really difficult to read any details. It is convenient, but not clear. Ideally, the whole budget creation mechanism should have logging embedded, so that we can see where the money go. On the other hand, introducing a complex system of such reporting is quite costly. I'd also like to add that I think that detailed reporting should equally apply also to all affiliates.
  • I think that spending increases should be capped in principle, as they are within the FDC schemes. If extraordinary situations occur, they could be changed, but increasing more than 20% annually is not healthy and leads to waste in large organizations. However, I don't think that pageviews are a good benchmark for spending (and definitely not as a sole one).
  • I totally agree with the endowment idea/approach, and this is exactly how we're doing it now. Pundit (talk) 07:55, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
Many thanks for the clear answers. --Guy Macon (talk) 11:55, 21 April 2017 (UTC)

Training modules: Can you help us with translation?[edit]

Hello Pundit, hope all is well! As you may know, we at the Wikimedia Foundation's Support and Safety team are developing new training materials to help contributors deal with online harassment situations, and with problems at real life events. The final English version is now finished!

I'm wondering if you would be willing to help us translate content for these Training Modules into your language. We are targeting a minimum of ten languages for these modules, including the English original.

If the answer is yes, please let me know with a ping, or just get stuck in - either way, we would really appreciate your support! Joe Sutherland (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 18:11, 25 April 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017][edit]

Whose KnowledgeWhose Knowledge? logo 01.png News
April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2
Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Resources:
Resources lists
Wikimedia Movement:
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
Home font awesome.svg About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)

2017 Board Elections candidate interviews[edit]

Dear candidate,

Thank you for running for the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees in this year's community elections. I am contacting you on behalf of the community podcasts Wikipedia Weekly and Source Code Berlin. We are sure you recognize the importance of transparency and a fully-informed community when it comes to these elections. To that end, we would like to conduct short audio interviews (under 30 minutes) with each of the candidates for publication in podcast form prior to the conclusion of the election. If you agree, we will contact you via email to coordinate the time and date of these interviews. Please let me know if you have any questions. Gamaliel (talk) 16:41, 2 May 2017 (UTC)

Gamaliel I'm delighted to see this wonderful initiative! Pundit (talk) 07:31, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
Gamaliel is it still on? cheers Pundit (talk) 17:55, 8 May 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for agreeing to our proposed candidate interviews, but we have decided that we will not be conducting them this year. We feel that Sunday's video interview has accomplished the goal of providing the community with exposure to the candidates and we are currently exploring ways that our potential election coverage can supplement and not duplicate that exposure. Gamaliel (talk) 18:43, 8 May 2017 (UTC)

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for all your work. Pundit (talk) 18:49, 8 May 2017 (UTC)

Congratulations on your success in WMF board elections 2017[edit]

Congratulations on your reelection!!!!! Good luck on your term! TenorTwelve (talk) 05:57, 4 June 2017 (UTC)

New message at Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard[edit]

Wikimedia Foundation Board noticeboard#Wikimedia Cloud --Guy Macon (talk) 03:59, 10 July 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017][edit]

Whose KnowledgeWhose Knowledge? logo 01.png News
July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3
Activities and Events:
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Resources:
Emancipatory Design Research
Wikimedia Movement:
Letter from Buenos Aires
Home font awesome.svg About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)

Adjusted text[edit]

There has been a request to inform all who voted in the RfC about interlinking accounts involved with paid editing about the following adjustment in the "statement of issue" on Sept 18th, 2017.

It was clarified that this effort will help deal not only with impersonation of specific Wikipedians but also claims of being in good standing made by those who are not.[13] Thanks. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 19:59, 26 September 2017 (UTC)