Rebecca Nyinawumuntu is a co-founder of the Wikimedia community user group Rwanda and an OpenStreetMap representative in Rwanda. She is much more interested in Wiki projects, especially 2030 movements strategy, Wiki loves monuments, Wiki for Human Rights, and Wikimedia in Education partnership's
I have been a volunteer with Wikimedia since 2019. Am one of the co-founders of the Wikimedia Community Usergroup in Rwanda. I have a passion social well-being , advocating for vulnerable people and value integrity
I started participating in wikimedia activities in 2019, where I participated in the regional Wikimedia strategy workshop in Kampala, Uganda. I am the co-founder of the Rwanda Wikimedia community since 2019, and I am currently responsible for the following activities:
- Build relationships and facilitate effective engagement between the Wikimedia community and the advancement of local teams.
- Since 2019, I have been the lead organizer of Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki Loves Folklore in Rwanda every year in collaboration with fellow team members
- In 2022, we organized Wikindaba in Rwanda, which is the main conference for African Wikimedians.
- I’m responsible for the coordination of local stakeholders to facilitate our local Wikimedia projects and channel the possible feedback to the community members in various channels (facilitated sessions, on-wiki, local projects, etc.).
- I’m responsible for awareness campaigns and developments in the Wikimedia movement and the monitoring of new contributors.
As a Co-founder of the Wikimedia Community User Group Rwanda, I am responsible for community engagement and establishing partnerships. My dedication extends to active participation in the Wikimedia Foundation Movement strategy Implementation plan in the Africa Great Lakes region. and As an MCDC ambassador, I Facilitates the Movement Charter Drafting Committee community conversations . have been leading the organization of Wiki Loves Monuments (WLM), Wiki for Human Rights, and Wiki Loves Women (WLW) initiatives in Rwanda.I am a passionate community activist in open data, focusing on underrepresented community growth , governance and advocacy in my volunteer work. Currently pursuing an MSc in Biodiversity and Natural Resource Management, as I commit to both academic and volunteer pursuits
| my daily work = Some of the projects have participated in:
- Wiki Loves Africa in Rwanda
- Wiki Loves Earth in Rwanda
- Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos 2020 in Rwanda
- Wiki Loves Women in Rwanda
- Africa Wiki Challenge in Rwanda
- Wikimedia Movement Strategy in Africa great Lakes research discussions for the Wikimedia Rwanda community in Rwanda
- Wiki Loves Folklore in Rwanda
- Visible Wiki Women in Rwanda
Led MSDC Conversations In Rwanda
- Organizer of Wikiindaba Conference 2022 held in Rwanda: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiIndaba_conference_2022/Team
- November 2023: Participate in international Conference: Wiki Women Camp.
- September 2023: Participated and presented in international Conference: Wiki Indaba Morocco[]
- Served as Project judge of " Africa Environment WikiFocus 2023 organised by Wiki in Africa
- I am Movement charter Ambassadors.
- I contribute to Translation Wikipedia projects.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: Placide @Rebecca199901
- Instagram : rebekah_sgm
- Mobile Phone: +250 785295453