Wiki In Africa
Global access for all to open knowledge that reflects the diverse cultures, biodiversities, peoples, and histories of the African continent with the same depth and breadth as other knowledges.
Wiki In Africa is a non-profit voluntary association that is based in South Africa. It is a financial and legal structure that operates global initiatives in support of the WikiAfrica movement. The WikiAfrica movement is a collective of interventions that supports the aims and development of the Wikimedia movement and community across the geographical space of Africa.
Its objective is to empower and engage citizens of Africa and its diaspora to collect, develop and contribute educational and relevant content that relates to the theme of Africa under a free license, and to engage in global knowledge systems by encouraging access to, awareness of, and support for open knowledge, the open movement and the Wikimedia projects, working in collaboration with like-minded organisations.
WHAT Wiki In Africa IS NOT:
Wiki In Africa has absolutely NO intention of working above, instead of, or replacing any national user group. The purpose of Wiki In Africa is to create projects that consistently collaborates with and supports the work of existing and future Wikimedia Volunteer teams and Usergroups, and in no way to replace any of the work that they do on the ground.
Our Mission :
- Wiki In Africa’s mission is to rebalance the type and diversity of information and perspectives that are available online about and from Africa, using Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, as a platform for the dissemination of this information to multiple peoples residing on and off the continent. In short, it is to help people and organisations create and preserve open knowledge, and to help provide easy access for readers to knowledge and perspectives relating to Africa.
- Website: www.wikiinafrica.org
- youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyG_DCysivx59E2olI_BEcQ
- vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user62208780
- Wiki in Africa on Twitter
- Wiki in Africa on Facebook
The two contacts are:
- Anthere (talk)
- Geugeor (talk)
- Bachounda (talk) 6 septembre 2018 à 02:10 (UTC)
- Islahaddow (talk) 07:27, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Michaelgraaf (talk) 09:13, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Reda Kerbouche (talk) 09:19, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Tatiana Kerbush (talk) 09:18, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Sami Mlouhi (talk)
- GastelEtzwane (talk) 10:43, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Bilalranderee (talk) 11:06, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thanough (talk) 16:23, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- kafuiday (talk) 15:25, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 15:59, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- Kateregga1 (talk) 15:59, 6 September 2018 (UTC)
- ولاء (talk) 17:42, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Yasield (talk) 20:17, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- FaithMwanyolo (talk) 14:46, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- Jamie Tubers (talk) 15:33, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
- Jadnapac (talk)
- Douglas Ssebaggala (talk)
- Rajeeb (talk) 18:59, 27 June 2020 (UTC) Remotely ready to volunteer in any capacity.