I started contributing to Wikipedia in 2012, after conducting a post-doctoral research on GLAM projects. I was a board member of Wikimedia Canada from 2014 to 2016. In the last few years, I have been involved in several community, educational and GLAM projects in Quebec.
- 2016-2017: Coordinator of the project Atikamekw knowledge, culture and language in Wikimedia projects and of the Edit-a-thon First Nations on Wikipedia. See also slides of the Wikimania 2017 session Indigenous Knowledge on Wikipedia: Lessons Learned from the Project Wikipetia Atikamekw Nehiromowin.
- 2015: Organisation of the panel "How to integrate Wikipedia in research and teaching?", Research week, UQO.
- 2014 & 2015: Taught the course "Wikis, images and free licences" at UQO. Students were asked to contribute to Wikipedia articles. GLAM partnership with the National Library and Archives of Québec (Gatineau) over the freshly uploaded Champlain Marcil photographic fund on Commons, and organisation of a scan-a-thon.
- 2013: Organisation of an edit-a-thon at the Mile End public library (Montreal), first GLAM event in Canada.
- 2013: Organisation of the panel "Free culture and francophonie: diversity or occidentalocentrism?" at the World Social Science Forum, UNESCO International Social Science Council.
- 2012: Member of the scientific committee for the conference Wikipedia Academy - Research and Free Knowledge (Berlin).
- Other: list of academic publications, including a book chapter on science museums and Wikipedia (fr).
|See this page in another language: English - français|