I started contributing to Wikipedia in 2011, after conducting a post-doctoral research on GLAM projects. In 2014, in was invited to join the board of Wikimedia Canada. In the last few years, I have been involved in several community, educational and GLAM projects in Quebec.
- 2012: Member of the scientific committee for the conference Wikipedia Academy - Research and Free Knowledge (Berlin).
- 2013: Organisation of the panel "Free culture and francophonie: diversity or occidentalocentrism?" at the World Social Science Forum, UNESCO International Social Science Council.
- 2013: Organisation of an edit-a-thon at the Mile End public library (Montreal), first GLAM event in Canada.
- 2014 & 2015: Taught the course "Wikis, images and free licences" at UQO. Students were asked to contribute to Wikipedia articles. GLAM partnership with the National Library and Archives of Québec (Gatineau) over the freshly uploaded Champlain Marcil photographic fund on Commons, and organisation of a scan-a-thon.
- 2015: Organisation of the panel "How to integrate Wikipedia in research and teaching?", Research week, UQO.
- Other: list of academic publications, including a book chapter on science museums and Wikipedia (fr).
|See this page in another language: English - français|