|Users by language|
Hello, I am Ziko van Dijk, a German who lives in the Netherlands. Since 2003 I have a Wikipedia account, and in 2008 I joined Wikimedia organisations.
Person and Wikimedia movement
As a historian (PhD) and Wikipedian my main topic is the history of the 19th and 20th century (Germany, the Netherlands, international relations). Besides, I try to make the Wikipedia articles easier to understand and improve the help pages.
In the Wikimedia movement I am interested in organizational structures, education and outreach. From April 2011 to March 2014 I have been the chair of Wikimedia Nederland. About my experiences at international conferences I reported in the Berlin, Washington, Hong Kong, Mexican, Paris and Viennese diaries. (These travels were supported by Wikimedia Nederland.)
Before the Single User Login, I was Ziko-W at Meta Wiki, and Ziko-C at Wikimedia Commons. My primary user page is my German Wikipedia Benutzerseite which I created in 2003. On German Wikipedia I am elected member of the arbitration committee (Schiedsgericht).
Educational and promotional work
On German Wikipedia I was a mentor, and I have written a German Wikibook for the self learner who wants to become a Wikipedian: „Eigene Beiträge“. In August 2010 Open Source Press published Wikipedia. Wie Sie zur freien Enzyklopädie beitragen, a text book in German.
I blog: zikoblog at Wordpress.
Since 2013, I belong to the network wiki:team. We present and teach Wikipedia and Wikipedia related issues in educational and other institutions.
Sometimes a strange brainwave forces me to note word games and other unfunny associations or ideas. :-) Some of the results I have recorded here.
- Achtundvierzig: Neu in der Wikipedia: 48 Artikel zu „1848/49“ in Deutschland
- Wikipedia international, an overview of the language versions of Wikipedia (German)
- Ist das meins oder muss ich das teilen? Open Access und Copyright in den digitalen Geisteswissenschaften, Max meets LISA mit Prof. Dr. Thomas Kirchner, Dr. Ziko van Dijk und Dr. Jonathan Beck, December 2015 (German)
- Hamburger Protokoll, a report on a meeting of German Wikipedia 'Mentoren' (onwiki coaches; German)
- WikiStammtisch Episode 12 mit Ziko van Dijk, August 2016 (German)
- LISA: Gedanken zum Norddeutschen Bund im Jubiläumsjahr. Interview mit Ziko van Dijk über Sichtweisen auf die neuere deutsche Geschichte