Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland is a Wikimedia chapter. The association was founded on March 27, 2006 in Eindhoven, and recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation as a chapter. In early 2015 it had ~240 members.
In English, the association informs usually here on Meta Wiki. See for example the English language 'chapter reports'.
The Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland has a board consisting of seven members.
Boardmembers are elected by the General Assembly, generally for a two-year period. Boardterms are staggered, to avoid a majority of members stepping down at the same time. The current members are:
- Jan Bart de Vreede, Chair
- Bart Nieuwenhuis, Treasurer
- Justus de Bruijn, Secretary
- Lotte Baltussen, Partnerships and Open Content
- Lizzy Jongma, Partnerships and Open Content
- Heleen Ririassa, Communications
- Michel Wesseling, Sponsoring
- Sandra Rientjes, director
- Denise Jansen, project coordinator
- Germien Cox, communications
- Kirsten Jansen, office manager
- Michelle van Lanschot, project coordinator