logs ₪ contribs
userrights[g] ₪ centralauth[IPs]
Hello, Could you please give me an advice in regard how to place a formal complaint against an administrator? I would like to point out an issue at slovak Wikipedia. Thank you.
This account has been created on 5 projects, with quite human behaviour (created on de.wiki, autocreated on en.wiki) for a spambot. Besides the fact that the username is in CamelCase (which isn't something one can add much value to), is there any other indication that this is a spambot? As I stated previously when discussing the lock of RodrigoactBernardino on IRC, I have rarely come across spambots with more than 4 accounts (meta, mediawiki, loginwiki and the target wiki), and I don't believe that a CamelCase username is, on itself, sufficient to determine it to be a spambot. Savhñ 13:59, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
- So, you never found a bot with more than 4 accounts? If that is a certainty then I'll follow such a threshold (well, for a day). What is exactly 'human' about accounts originating anywhere and being autocreated anywhere else, though? Is it certain that spambots always register on a single wiki? I haven't noticed that, but it'd be much easier to target just them then if that was so. Also, if you have concerns about accounts with no edits being suspected of being spambots, as I suggested in my second statement recently, I recommend a wider discussion to see if generally none of them should be locked, and perhaps only those with edits or AF (ideally CU results also show all such like they show edits) (or SBL) triggers are locked, which I wouldn't be averse to. -- Lofty abyss 18:46, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
- Amongst other things, human accounts are more likely to navigate various of the better known Wikimedia wiki's (such as this user on de.wiki and en.wiki), whilst it wouldn't seem very logical to see an account first being created on the Xhosa wikikpedia and then on the Icelandic Wikiquote. Together with other indications, that could support the theory that it is a spambot. I have no concerns with accounts with no edits or filter triggers being locked when it can be with sufficient certainty determined that they are a spambot, but I had doubts about how justified your suspicions were. Since however you're no longer a steward, I think there's no point in continuing this discussion. Please however do remain active (and not just minimally) on the wiki's where you have been entrusted with advanced permissions, or - if you're no longer interested or unable to use them - be fair to the community that trusted you to use them and eventually resign those permissions. Savhñ 21:05, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
Hi Lofty abyss!
We, renamers, have a small doubt about the rename process (technique) and, as you has been renamed, maybe can help us. Just tell me: you received any message (email, notification, or another) from me when I rename your account? Tks! Rafael (stanglavine) msg 14:03, 8 March 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, the system did do so automatically, thanks for doing so. -- Lofty abyss 00:35, 9 March 2019 (UTC)
As changes applied for 12 days. --22.214.171.124 02:21, 25 June 2019 (UTC)
MarcoAurelio will email you soon in order to add you to the metawiki admin mailing list. Matiia (talk) 06:37, 21 July 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks. -- Lofty abyss 06:42, 21 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Matiia: My MO is kinda different. If Lofty abyss is indeed interested he can subscribe himself and confirm his address emailing me via Special:EmailUser, as stated in the listinfo page.
- @Lofty abyss: Congratulations & welcome back.
- —MarcoAurelio (talk) 07:30, 21 July 2019 (UTC)
Thanks for deleting pages that were on Meta! I really appreciate that! Keep up the good work! User:IPad365/siggy 02:53, 23 September 2019 (UTC)