IRC cloak request
I am zeph5 on freenode and I would like the cloak wikimedia/Zephyrus. Thanks. --Zephyrus 15:03, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Translation into French
Merci d'avoir rectifié, après t'avoir vu faire, je saurai comment pointer vers old à l'avenir !
Maintenant je n'ai pas trouvé comment ajouter ce lien dans la traduction en français. Te serait-il possible de le faire ? Merci de ton aide !
- De rien ; plus généralement la liste exhaustive des préfixes est Special:Interwiki. Pour propager la modification vers le français, il faut qu’un administrateur de traduction valide le changement. En fait, je me suis posé la question si ta modif serait "acceptée" étant donnée qu’elle est faite après la publication officielle du rapport, il faudrait demander à guillom qui gère ça. ~ Seb35 [^_^] 20:14, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- Je me garderai de déranger le beau bureau de Guillom -- Wikipedian, tu le connais sans doute ? ;-) -- il a assez de travail sans que je lui en rajoute : ces liens peuvent se mettre dans le projet historique de Wikisource, ce sera plus simple et honorera autant les contributeurs qui ont répondu aux interviews. Merci Seb35 de ta rapidité, de tes explications, des liens. --Zyephyrus (talk) 22:14, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.
Dear Zyephyrus, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 10:11, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Thank you! A gift from fellow Wikipedians
You have been nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_giveaways). Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!
Please email us at email@example.com and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.
Hello Zyephyrus, I've been attempting to contact you as the only bureaucrat on frwikisource using your StructuredDiscussion page, wikisource:fr:Discussion_utilisateur:Zyephyrus, for almost a year with no reply. Can you let me know if you are getting these messages? Thank you, — xaosflux Talk 00:48, 30 January 2018 (UTC)
Issue with Fr.wikisource block
Hi Zyephyrus, sorry to both you, but this block, is a mistake I believe. Praxidicae is a highly trusted user both here on meta and on the English Wikipedia, and she holds global rollbacker permissions. She normally fights spam on smaller wikis, so there may have been some confusion with another account she was reverting. Thanks! TonyBallioni (talk) 13:38, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you @TonyBallioni:, mistake corrected with . --Zyephyrus (talk) 15:47, 9 October 2018 (UTC)
Community Wishlist Survey 2020
You are getting this message because you've previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey, in either the Wikisource or Wiktionary categories. I wanted to let you know that this year's survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until November 11. Unlike previous years, we are only accepting proposals for non-Wikipedia content projects with no dedicated teams (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). You can learn more on the survey page.
You can vote on proposals from November 20 to December 2. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won't send out a separate reminder to you about that. We look forward to your participation. Thank you! IFried (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 22 October 2019 (UTC)