West Bengal Wikimedians/Hangouts/2017/March
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[Event schedule decided by Doodle poll and declared at mailing list.]
- Ordinary membership will be open to all Wikimedians from all over the world who share the same value and mission statement as of the West Bengal. (essential criteria for UG formation)
- Selection of members for Decision making body will be discussed in Constitution
- Online activity is must for Decision making body. (Proposed by User:Bodhisattwa and supported by all participants)
- Offline activity is an additional criteria to be a member of Decision making body. Only offline activity will not be granted as a criteria for membership in Decision making body. (Proposed by User:Bodhisattwa and supported by all participants)
Formulation of a Constitution of User Group
- Proposal from Jayanta Nath
- Supported by all participants
- Example: Constitution of Wikimedia User Group China
- Constitution will be drafted in Google doc by User Group members and will be posted in meta.
- Will remain open for 1 month for review from members.
Regular meetup venue
- CIS will be approached by User:Bodhisattwa to talk with NUJS authority to provide free venue for regular meetups for Kolkata based Wikimedians.
- User:Sumitsurai will look for other options.
- User:Pinaki1983 will approach Govt. schools located in Kolkata.
Future Community Events where UG can support
Collaboration with Rammmohan Library, Kolkata
- User:Hrishikes proposed to scan books or pages, which are found defective while working in Wikisource from Kolkata based library collection.
- User:Sumitsurai will approach Rammmohan Library as the library has digitization plans but no staff to do the work
- Community will utilize the scanner given to them by Wikimedia India.
- User:Sumitsurai will report in next hangout.
Expanding Stub articles
- User:Atudu proposed to conduct edit-a-thon to expand Stub articles in Bengali Wikipedia.
- 1000 essential articles for any encyclopedia.
- Will start working on it after the ongoing edit-a-thon by WMBD.
Wiki Loves Butterfly
- User:Atudu wants help to translate Bengali articles created in Wiki Loves Butterfly into other languages.
- User:Hrishikes and User:Sumitsurai will look into the list.
- Approach active Wikimedians from different language community through social media.