This page is to keep track of news, events and presentations related to WikiCite.
- If you give a talk or publish a piece on WikiCite, please add it here
- Please add links to any slides and/or video if available
- WikiCite Australia/New Zealand: Linking bibliographic data - February 14th Melbourne, Australia.
- Biblio Workshop 2020, Czech Republic – March 13-15, Horní Bezděkov, Czech Republic, blog post
Announced events which have been postponed/cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic. See also: Wikimedia Foundation policy regarding events at this time.
- Wikicite Satellite Event India 2020 – April 18-19 New Delhi, India.
- WikiCite Satellite Cologne 2020 - May 6-8th Cologne, Germany.
Various other in-person events have been cancelled, including the 2020 editions of MediaWiki Hackathon (May 9-11th Tirana, Albania — a remote alternative is being organized) and Wikimania (August 5-9th Bangkok, Thailand — a remote Wikimania Week is being explored).
Publications as listed at WikiCite.org/publications, as catalogued in Wikidata.
- 2020-01-10: Rasberry, Lane, & Mietchen, Daniel. (2020). Wikipedia Day 2020: Wikidata for librarians. doi:10.5281/zenodo.3604273
- 2020-04-09: Turki, Houcemeddine, Hadj Taieb, Mohamed Ali, & Ben Aouicha, Mohamed. (2020). Robustifying Scholia, A viewpoint.
- See also: Wikidata:WikiProject COVID-19
- Wikimedia Hackathon 2019, Prague, Czechia
- WikiData Days 2019, Teresa e Alexandre Soares dos Santos Library, Carcavelos, Portugal
- JCDL 2019, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- Wikimania 2019, Stockholm, Sweden
- WikiConference North America, Boston, Massachusetts
- WikiDataCon 2019, Berlin, Germany
- SWIB 2019, Hamburg, Germany
- Alessandra Boccone and Remo Rivelli, 13 June, seminar "I metadati bibliografici in Wikidata: Wikicite e il case study di «Bibliothecae.it»" at Summer School Linked Data per i beni culturali (Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna)
- Alessandra Boccone and Remo Rivelli, 12 June, journal article from 'Bibliothecae.it' published in 2019 "I metadati bibliografici in Wikidata: Wikicite e il case study di «Bibliothecae.it»"
- Alessandro Marchetti, 4th of June, AVETH workshop at ETH Zuerich, seminar "wikidata and open access bibliometry" in the framework of a general workshop about "Wikimedia platforms in the ecosystem of scientific research"
- Alessandro Marchetti (and Camillo Pellizzari) 31st of January: Booth about outreach withmedia platform (including wikicite) at the ERC grant SLaMM workshop "Advanced Theranostic Nanomedicine in Oncology" in Pontedera, Tuscany hosted by Museo Piaggio and Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
- Alessandro Marchetti (and Camillo Pellizzari) 23rd of January: Wikicite presentation at the CREA (Agronomic Reserach Institute of the Italian Ministry of Agriculture) in Pescia, Tuscany. it's a small 1 h introductory seminar, a simple glance about future development will be discussed.
- SWAT4HCLS, Dec 2018, Antwerp, Belgium (WikiCite has been proposed a hackathon ideas for the SWAT4HCLS hackaton, notes)
- WikiCite 2018, Berkeley
- WikiCite at TechStorm, The Hague, Netherlands
- Wikidata Tour Down Under (several talks)
- Wikimania 2018, Cape Town
- Wikimedia Hackathon 2018, Barcelona
- Martinelli, Luca (7 December 2018). "WikiCite 2018. Che futuro per le citazioni bibliografiche in Wikidata" (PDF) (in Italian). — presentation given at the "Sfide e alleanze tra Biblioteche e Wikipedia 2018" conference in Florence, Italy
- Evans, Jason (4 December 2018). "WikiCite conference 2018". wikimedia.org.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-08. — a blog post about WikiCite 2018.
- Leachman, Siobhan (4 December 2018). "Thoughts on BHL and Wikidata.". web.archive.org. Retrieved 2018-12-07. — a blog post inspired by WikiCite 2018 attendance.
- Zumstein, Philipp; Voß, Jakob (27 November 2018). "WikiCite". Satellite/breakout session at SWIB18 in Bonn
- Mietchen, Daniel; Taraborelli, Dario (6 November 2018). "Wikidata and Wikibase as global platforms for democratizing data publishing". — presentation given at the SciDataCon 2018 conference in Gaborone
- Nielsen, Finn Årup (6 November 2018). "Scholia, WikiCite, Wikidata et al." (PDF). Keynote talk at the Second Linked Open Citation Database Workshop in Mannheim
- Voß, Jakob (26 October 2018). "WikiCite für Bibliotheken". Introduction to WikiCite for librarians given at Göttingen State and University Library
- Redi, Miriam; Delpeuch, Antonin (26 October 2018). "Some Fun with Wikicite and WikiCite in Wikidata [TechStorm 2018]". The Hague, Netherlands. Retrieved 2018-10-26. Introduction to WikiCite for the participants at the Wikimedia NL Hackathon, a.k.a the WikiTechStorm
- Taraborelli, Dario; Mietchen, Daniel (12 October 2018). "A hands-on introduction to Wikidata and WikiCite". — presentation given at the FORCE2018 conference in Montreal
- Mietchen, Daniel (4 September 2018). "A guided tour through citation networks around public health emergencies". Bologna. Part of the Workshop on Open Citations, Bologna, 3-5 September 2018.
- Nielsen, Finn Årup (4 September 2018). "Scholia as of September 2018" (PDF). Bologna. Part of the Workshop on Open Citations, Bologna, 3-5 September 2018.
- Taraborelli, Dario (3 September 2018). "Remixing the Graph". Bologna. Part of the Workshop on Open Citations, Bologna, 3-5 September 2018.
- Zumstein, Philipp (27 July 2018). "Open Data and Open Government. Part 6: WikiCite". Stuttgart. Part of the International Summer School for Librarians at the Stuttgart Media University.
- Taraborelli, Dario; Mietchen, Daniel; Mabbett, Andy; Waagmeester, Andra (21 July 2018). "Lifting a veil on the sources of free knowledge: a WikiCite workshop". Cape Town. A Wikimania 2018 workshop.
- Pohl, Adrian (16 July 2018). "Was ist Wikidata und wie kann es die bibliothekarische Arbeit unterstützen?". Blogpost as Open Access version of a short text in ABI Technik (https://doi.org/10.1515/abitech-2018-2013) mentioning Wikicite and Scholia.
- Voß, Jakob; Zumstein, Philipp (13 June 2018). "WikiCite als kollaborativer Ansatz für offene Zitationsdaten". Berlin. Presentation at the 107. Bibliothekartag
- Mabbett, Andy (16 April 2018). "Keynote at the 'Role of Wikimedia in the era of Open Science' conference". Barcelona..
- Taraborelli, Dario (22 February 2018). "WikiCite 2017: The year in review". San Francisco. Retrieved 2018-02-26. Presentation at the WMF's Metrics and Activities Meeting (video)
- Taraborelli, Dario (6 December 2017). "Keynote: Unlocking Citations from tens of millions of scholarly papers". Hamburg. Retrieved 2017-12-01. Presentation at SWIB 2017. (video)
- Mietchen, Daniel; Waagmeester, Andra (4 December 2017). "Tutorial: Introduction to WikiCite". Rome. Retrieved 2017-12-02. Tutorial at SWAT4LS 2017.
- Mietchen, Daniel; Waagmeester, Andra (6 December 2017). "Hackathon: Wikicite". Rome. Retrieved 2017-12-02. Hackathon at SWAT4LS 2017.
- Kraker, Peter (11 December 2017). "WikidataCon: Giving more people more access to more knowledge". Science and the Web. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- Biographical Data in a Digital World 2017 6-7 November 2017 (in cooperation with Wikimedia Austria). Slides will be available soon. (User:Tobias1984)
- Zumstein, Philipp (18 November 2017). "Wikidata und WikiCite" (PDF). Mannheim. Retrieved 2017-11-19. Presentation at the WikiDACH 2017
- Taraborelli, Dario; Mietchen, Daniel; Pintscher, Lydia (12 August 2017). "WikiCite: Wikidata as a structured repository of bibliographic data". Berlin. Retrieved 2017-12-01. Presentation at WikidataCon 2017
- Taraborelli, Dario; Patterson, Mark (27 November 2017). "Unlocking references from the literature: The Initiative for Open Citations". Berlin. Retrieved 2017-12-01. Presentation at FORCE 2017
- Mietchen, Daniel; Taraborelli, Dario; Nielsen, Finn Årup; Waagmeester, Andra (12 August 2017). "WikiCite: Citations needed for the sum of all human knowledge". Montreal. Retrieved 2017-12-01. Presentation at Wikimania 2017.
- Zumstein, Philipp; Förstner, Konrad U. (6 October 2017). "Tagungsbericht WikiCite 2017". o-bib. Das offene Bibliotheksjournal (in German) (VDB) 4 (3): 106–112. ISSN 2363-9814. doi:10.5282/o-bib/2017H3S106-112. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- Page, Roderic. "Wikidata, WikiCite, and the "bibliography of life"".
- Taraborelli, Dario (29 May 2017). "Connecting the sum of all human knowledge, one edit at a time.". École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL). Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Nielsen, Finn Årup (28 May 2017). "Scholia and scientometrics with Wikidata" (PDF). Portoroz. Presentation at the Scientometrics 2017 workshop at ESWC 2017.
- Nielsen, Finn Årup (8 May 2017). "Wikicite" (PDF). Kongens Lyngby. Internal presentation at the Technical University of Denmark
- McAndrew, Ewan; Poulter, Martin (6 April 2017). "Citation Needed: Digital Provenance in the era of Post-Truth Politics". Open Education Resources conference in London. Slides, Video recording. Wikimedia UK's page on the OER conference. Video on Commons.
- Waagmeester, Andra (23 March 2017). "Using WikiData as an interoperable data hub for life science data.". How to write your own FAIRy Tale. FAIR Data and Data Stewardship in ELIXIR. ELIXIR17 All hands meeting, Rome.
- Taraborelli, Dario (18 February 2017). "Citations needed for the sum of all human knowledge.". Mind the Gaps: Wikipedia as a Tool to Connect Scientists and the Public. AAAS 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Stinson, Alex (17 February 2017). "GLAM Strategy for Bringing Wikidata into Other Projects". 2017 European GLAMwiki Coordinators meeting, UNESCO Paris.
- Losa, Lorenzo (17 March 2017). "Dati aperti: il progetto Wikidata e le biblioteche". Convegno delle Stelline. Milano, Italy.
- Orlowitz, Jake (13 November 2016). "Can Wikipedia's Citations Become Open?". OpenCon 2016. Washington, D.C.
- Orlowitz, Jake (8 November 2016). "WikiCite Snapshot". DLF 2016. Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Zanni, Andrea (7 November 2016). "Open data bibliotecari". Open Data, Machine Learning e Biblioteche. (in Italian).
- Taraborelli, Dario (2 November 2016). "Wikipedia’s role in the dissemination of scholarship". Crossref LIVE16 - Annual Community Event. London, UK.
- Taraborelli, Dario (23 September 2016). "Wikidata: Verifiable Linked Open Data That Anyone Can Edit". NIH Frontiers in Data Science Lecture Series. Bethesda, Maryland.
- Nielsen, Finn Årup (21 September 2016). "So what can we use WikiCite for?". Finn Årup Nielsen's blog.
- Taraborelli, Dario (21 September 2016). "Technology and Innovation panel: Citations needed for the sum of all human knowledge: Wikidata as the missing link between scholarly publishing and linked open data". Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA). Arlington, Virginia.
- Taraborelli, Dario (19 August 2016). "Closing Keynote: Verifiable, linked open knowledge that anyone can edit". VIVO. Denver, Colorado.
- Stinson, Alex (24 June 2016). "User digest session: What do the Footnotes mean? The Implications of Wikipedia's Verifiability Policy". Wikimania '16. Esino Lario, Italy.
- Coyle, Karen (9 June 2016). "Lightning talk: WikiCite" (PDF). European Library Automation Group (ELAG '16). Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Förstner, Konrad; Pintscher, Lydia; Taraborelli, Dario (26 May 2016). "OSR051 WikiCite 2016 Interview with Lydia Pintscher and Dario Taraborelli" (Audio podcast). Open Science Radio.
- Taraborelli, Dario (25 May 2016). "WikiCite 2016" (PDF). WikiCite 2016. Berlin, Germany.
- Taraborelli, Dario (4 December 2015). "Brown Bag. Wikipedia as the front matter to all research: Building the sum of all human citations" (PDF). Wikimedia Foundation. – Livestream (start at 24:59)
- Taraborelli, Dario (3 September 2015). "Citing as a public service". Wikipedia Science Conference (Wikimedia UK / Wellcome Trust). Ten minute interview with DT, recorded at the conference, included in The European Skeptics Podcast, episode 5