WikiCite is an initiative (and a series of events) aiming to build a bibliographic database in Wikidata to serve free knowledge. WikiProject Source MetaData is the place on Wikidata where coordination of these efforts happens.
- Why we're building an open knowledge base of citable sources:
Video of our WikiCite session at WikidataCon 2017.
- WikiCite 2018 (fall 2018)
- WikiCite workshop @ Wikimania '18 (July 2018)
- WikiCite track @ Wikimedia Hackathon 2018 (May 2018)
- WikiCite 2017 (Vienna, May 2017)
- WikiCite 2016 (Berlin, May 2016)
- a timeline of past efforts since the launch of Wikidata.
- related proposals:
Code repositories for related libraries and software projects.