WikiCite 2018/Program/Lightning talks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please put in a tentative title, optionally along with a brief description and/ or a link, then sign.
Up to 9 slots.
- Copyright data and WikiCite. Documenting and expanding citable open literature
- JohnMarkOckerbloom (talk): featured data; crib on the Etherpad
- Turn all the Citations Blue
- Update on Linking Citations from Wikipedia Articles to resources from the Internet Archive. Mark Graham
- How to Slave Over Irrelevant Data
- EricP (talk)
- Author Disambiguator
- A SourceMD spin-off to create and link Wikidata author items. WMFLabs page github page - Presentation - ArthurPSmith (talk)
- Who added DOI Links to Wikipedia?
- Corgies (talk)
- Memento - Time Travel for MediaWiki Systems
- Martin Klein, LANL Research Library
- InteractOA - High-resolution references of ncRNA-mRNA interactions in Wikidata
- Konrad_Foerstner (talk) (slides)
- Dataset Maintenance on Wikidata (Blog post Funny reversion)
- Mahmoud Hashemi
- SFMOMA on Friday afternoon
- Internet Archive - allocate 90 minutes to get there. Mass transit: $7.35. Lyft: $45 for four seats.
- SFMOMA - Art Wiki team ("fostering collaborative art documentation on Mediawiki") is interested in meeting some Wikimedians on Friday afternoon. Contact Andrew Lih (User:Fuzheado) on Telegram or otherwise if you're interested and we'll arrange a group. See the Wikimedia blog post or the Youtube video of their talk at MCN conference.
- Your talk...
Up to 9 slots.
- Adding references to items with citoid
- Mvolz (WMF) (talk)
- Data models, visualizations and ShEx for WikiCite
- Jose Emilio Labra Gayo (WESO Research Group) Slides
- Reuse of 4,5 mio OA images. Article harvesting, image extraction, annotation with Wikidata and provision in Commons
- NOA project pipeline status quo, planning and related work of our library lab. slides Inablu (talk)
- News about the news
- Why Wikipedia needs to cover local newspapers & what we've learned in our grassroots "Newspapers on Wikipedia" project.
-Pete Forsyth (talk)
- Wiki for small history – Creating a project for microhistory, Wikidocumentaries
- Wikidocumentaries displays topics from Wikidata and finds media from open media repositories for them. Topics that are non-notable can be added to the local Wikibase, and personal accounts can be added. Citizen historians are invited to enrich, remix and curate the content, which will can be eventually added Wikimedia projects. Wiki (Plans) | Demo // Susanna Ånäs
- Wikipedia to Wiki data via Archive.org- Integrating digital and physical library catalogues to Wikidata
- Telugu-language Wikimedians from South India created various bibliographic repositories in the form of catalogues for both a digital and several physical libraries in Wikipedia namespace over 5 years. This contains metadata for thousands of Telugu Books. This helped Archive.org to improve meta data of its Telugu collection. Now, we are looking forward to get these catalogues as bibliographic structured data to Wiki data. Link --Pavan santhosh.s (talk) 00:53, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- How do we fit in? LOD at the French higher education bibliographical agency
- Benjamin Bober
- Wireframe fun
- Some possibilities on what an interface might look like to the public. Joshua Dockery Jndockery
- Your talk...
etherpad Up to 9 slots.
- (remote) Zotero Plugin for Open Citations
- recorded video, github repository --Zuphilip (talk) 23:39, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Perpetual Access Machine
- Intro of fatcat, new infrastructure at the Internet Archive for fulltext archiving. Bryan Newbold (Internet Archive) | fatcat.wiki "slides"
- Reaching out for collaboration, the autores.uy case
- Paula Domínguez-Font | autores.uy
- How could we improve global collaboration?
- Gimena del Río
- ISSN and Wikidata
- Pierre Godefroy (ISSN International Centre)slides
- Open Scientometric Indicators
- slides --Inablu (talk) 20:18, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- see also the grant proposal
- Library Carpentry
- John Chodacki https://librarycarpentry.org/
- Robust Linking to cited web resources
- Martin Klein, LANL Research Library: http://robustlinks.mementoweb.org/
- TABernacle and The Magnus Manske Software Development Lifecycle
- Andrew Lih, User:Fuzheado - slides
- Mind your Ps & Qs
- Meg Wacha & Phoebe Ayers slides