WikiConference India 2016/Report/Diptanshu.D
Welcome back from WikiConference India 2016!
en.wikipedia, Wikiversity Journal of Medicine
- Option 1: Shared Experience: What is one way you shared something from your experience with your community (either locally or globally), after the event?
- Add a link here to a blog post or newsletter you wrote about your participation afterwards, or to a meet-up you organized to share your experience with your local community.
My community is entirely online (the editorial board of Wikiversity Journal of Medicine comprises of people individuals from all 5 continents) and the interactions are through a group email posted through boardwijoumed.org. Hence it would not be feasible to share a link openly. Could write separately here if requested to.
- Shyamal Lakshminarayanan
- Netha Hussain
- Jonathan Mcarthur
- Dharav Solanki
- Sailesh Patnaik
- Abhinav Shrivastava
- The presentation I made at WCI2016 can be found here.
- Certain things like Copyleft should have been covered in far better manner.
- 200ml water bottles (single use) were made abundantly available. As a result there has been too much dumping of plastic for no credible reason. Perhaps as a part of welcome kit a quality plastic bottle could have been supplied which the users are supposed to carry and refill from refill points made available at various areas of the conference venue.
- The badges should have been made to bear both the name as well as the username of the attendees.
- The T-Shirts should have been supplied on the first day of the conference. They were made available only on the last day.
- The print on the T-shirts has been of low quality and has come out in less than a month.