WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Developing GLAM Partnerships
|WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has not yet been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 024
- Title of the submission
- Developing GLAM Partnerships
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Alex Stinson
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Astinson (WMF)/Sadads
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- User:Astinson (WMF)
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In this workshop, we will examines the considerations, approaches, and professional assumptions associated with working with partners, with a particular emphasis on the opportunities in the GLAM and heritage sectors. The goal of the workshop is to develop basic understanding of how to identify partners in the heritage and cultural sectors, set expectations for working with those partners, and ensure that partnership has successful outcomes.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Participants in the workshop will be introduced to the following skills:
- Identifying and understanding potential partner organizations
- Working with organizational partners to identify desired impact and goals
- Developing a proposal for how to work with a partner, and "sealing the deal"
- Identifying different GLAM-Wiki tactics for working with the partner, depending on goals, capacity, and desired outcomes (based on materials at: outreach:GLAM/Model Projects)
- Theme of presentation
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Beginning -- no knowledge of GLAM organizations or partnerships needed
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 2 hours -- Though parts of this workshop could be run in as short as an hour, anything shorter than 2 hours, will require cutting interactive activities, practice of skills, and examination of how working with different types of GLAM organizations, can change your partnership approach.
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Final
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Marks (out of 10)