WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/WikiResearch in Africa
- Submission no. 004
- Title of the submission
- WikiResearch in Africa: Situation and Challenges
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- lightning talk
- Author of the submission
- Houcemeddine Turki
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia TN User Group, WikiResearch, Wiki Project Med, Wikimedia and Libraries User Group
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- This presentation shows the motivations and the situation of Wikimedia-related research (WikiResearch) in Africa and tries to explain them. Then, it discusses how African WikiResearch outputs can be quantitatively and qualitatively ameliorated in the next years by letting WikiResearchers have support from Wikimedia Foundation and communities.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Attendees will learn about the usefulness of WikiResearch to Africa and to WMF wikis and about how to promote WikiResearch in their home countries. As well, they will see detailed statistics about WikiResearch in Africa.
- Theme of presentation
- Wikimedia Research
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 20 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? Final
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).