WikiJournal User Group/Meetings/2020-03-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date: 7pm UTC 25 March 2020
- Thomas Shafee
- Sarah Vital
- Andrew Leung
- Angelo Basteris
- Kelee Pacion
- Gwinyai Masukume
- Roger Watson
- Melanie Stefan
- Ian Alexander
- Eric Youngstrom
- 10 min - Debrief of first fully public meeting
- 5 min - Action items from January
- 10 min - What can be done for covid-relevant topics?
- 10 min - Plans for article invites?
- 5 min - Translations of existing articles (or abstracts)
- Debrief of first public meeting
- Positively received (>30 turnout)
- Jitsi had severe connectivity problems
- Next time will revert back to zoom for such large meetings
- Maybe contact Jitsi directly?
- Purpose of open meetings?
- General update and intro to wikijournals concept
- Discussions on ideas with assoc editors, authors, revieres, public
- Initially, open meeting every 3 months (replacing closed meeting)
- See if that works and change frequency if necessary
- If becomes necessary, could set aside 15 mins for board-only business
- Action items Jan
- ACRL 2021 application on hold until know whether/how it’s happening
- Other conferences may be moving online, so could be opportunity to present
- WikiJMed applications to SCOPUS+PMC complete
- Volunteers requested to assist in Web of Science application
- List of additional indices available?
- What can be done for covid-relevant topics?
- Things happening in psychology
- Note Wikidata:WikiProject_COVID-19 virology, epidemiology, publications etc.
- Angelo’s material: https://cutt.ly/covid19-resources
- Translations of articles published in other journals
- Ideas floated at WP:MED
- Could invite external peer reviews of core COVID articles (would be of a specific oldid but would likely be relatively rapid - would that be useful?)
- Could invite external authors to contribute articles on corona-related topics that are still stub/start (any topic ideas)?
- Could invite external contributors to help out on the core covid articles (but they'd need significant MEDMOS guidance)
- We've previously experimented with 'partner articles' that go into more detail than appropriate on a WP page (similar to Gene wiki reviews, example) would one be useful for any covid-related topics?
- Wiki Rapid grant to support travel to a meeting - (Eric can submit; several meetings possible)
- ABCT 2020 Philadelphia
- Covid action:
- Investigate interest in publishing peer-reviewed translations (e.g. to/from Chinese) (Melanie, Roger)
- Share these minutes to metawiki with any confidential info redacted (Thomas)
- Organise next meeting (Kelee)