WikiJournal User Group/Meetings/2020-05-07
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date: May 7, 2020 7AM
- 10 min - Debrief of last meeting - Welcome any new members
- 5 min - Action items from March
- 5 min - New technical editor
- 5 min - Processing times for articles
- 5 min - Next public meeting?
- Article questions when submitted from wikipedia (wp:JAN).
- Quality of a Good Article and whether it meets the standards of WikiJournals.
- Authorship of articles- who owns original WP version.
- Edge cases- idea of someone submitting a well written article as their own.
- Current requirement would be to make significant improvements first
- Structure of Wikipedia styles and discipline specific styles, broadness and specificity of disciplines.
- Importing articles from Wikipedia and exporting articles into Wikipedia, can be part of the broader concept: can import a smaller section for WikiJournals.
- Can check authorship of different sections of WP page using ‘Who wrote that’
- New Technical Editor- User:Masssly.
- Highly competent wikimedian
- Thomas has met with him on Jitsi to run through summary of processes
- Discussion of appropriate compensation.
- Strongly wish to avoid exploitation
- Wage was listed on application, but was not negotiated
- $1000 available
- Payment options:
- Per hour
- Per task
- Per year (retainer)
- Need to discuss this with larger group
- Discussion of Thematic organization and being a Sister project
- Still in process, no recent contact
- Likely Covid has disrupted work patterns
- Thomas to recontact and check on progress
- WikiJMed has not yet hit 25 relevant items
- Spike in submissions during last month (link)
- Angelo requests assistance in learning ropes on review coordination
- Also offers to assist in maybe making video clips
- Maybe use videowiki for those videos for editability
- Looking to slowly improve wikidata annotation (example) and integration
- Eventually automate tracking table
- Share these minutes to metawiki with any confidential info redacted (Thomas)
- Organise next meeting public (Kelee)