Wiki Loves Living Heritage/Ideas for activities
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Just add your ideas! More in-depth stories will be added over the course of the year to the Get inspired! page
Document living heritage
- Create a video
- Document a skill
- Document a festivity in collaboration with the heritage community
- Make interviews or publish existing ones
- Upload archival materials to Commons
- Work with the heritage communities to redescribe materials
- Arrange a local photo contest or photo walk
- Document language using the Wikimedia platforms
- Create participatory mapping activities
- Proofread materials about living heritage made available in Wikisource
- Make a writing contest / participate in one.
- Open national inventory data
- Share materials
- Share materials online with open licenses
- Upload materials to Wikimedia Commons to be able to include them in Wikipedia articles and other wikis.
- Create new writings or republish related articles and with open licenses on these pages where they can be translated to all languages.
- Editathon for focal points / communities
- Living Heritage wiki club
- How about cooking classes or crafts lessons?
Enhance data on-wiki
- Create pages for heritage elements on these pages to
- Enhance Wikidata items about them
- Read and translate Wikipedia articles in different languages
- Arrange and locate more images on Wikimedia Commons
- Upload more images
- Gather and make available reference material
- Lists can help you to
- Edit Wikipedia articles around a theme, on your own or at an editathon
- Find the most suitable images for Wikipedia articles.
- Upload images related to a specific heritage element with the right information
- Create your own lists for your events with the set of elements and languages you prefer
- Use the ISA tool to describe images
- See the suggestions for microcontributions on wiki work
- Webinar program and channel
- Upload campaigns
- Collaborate on crafting best practices.