Wiki Loves Sport 2021 is the third edition of the Wikipedia campaign to write (but not exclusively) women, non-binary and para athletes sport-related entries, which will take place from 23 July to 5 September 2020.
- What? The third edition of Wiki Loves Sport is organized to improve and extend content related to diversity in sport in general, and seen the period in which it takes place, Olympic & Paralympic Games in particular. Given the gaps which is our topic of interest, the campaign is mainly focused on content concerning missing or underrepresented groups, but as Wikipedians, we appreciate any content concerning the sport that you want to add. Wikipedians in any language of Wikipedia are invited to participate.
- When? The writing contest runs from 00:01 July 23th to 23:59 September 5th (UTC).
- Where? Due to the pandemic, the contest will be held online.
- Who? Wikimedians registered before July 23th, 2021 who edits in any Wikipedia language.
- Why? Wikipedia has deep content gaps based on gender, linguistic and ethnic minorities etc. The contest is organized by WikiDonne User Group: our goal is to improve the free knowledge about sport (with a special focus on women, LGBT+ communities, minorities and underrepresented groups), the Olympic & Paralympic games in all languages. For organizations or institutions that want to collaborate during this contest, please contact us on the discussion page.
- How? Points can be achieved by creating new articles or expanding existing ones, related to sport in general, the Summer or Winter Olympics or Paralympics medalists in particular. Articles must have at least 3000 bytes, have references and respect the copyright policies. Pages whose content is based only on lists or templates are not considered. The scoring system is listed on the related page. Add a new section for your participation on the participants page. Any participant is responsible to score the own points awarded by each article.
The event covers:
- the 2020 Summer Olympics (Giochi della XXXII Olimpiade) in Japan known as Tokyo 2020, from 23 July to 8 August 2020,
- the 2020 Summer Paralympics (XVI Giochi paralimpici estivi, from 24 August to 5 September)
- the 2021 Women's European Volleyball Championship (Campionato europeo di pallavolo femminile 2021, from 18 August to September 4, 2021). Page in Italian.