Wiki Loves Women South Asia 2021/Rules
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guidelines for Organizer
- Preparation: Before 30 August 2021
- Set-up an Wikipedia event page on a local level within your language community.
- Translate the rules into your language, and maybe slightly adjust the rules if needed.
- As organizers, you need to call a few Wikipedians to join you as local organizers/jury members (Up to 5) by yourselves. You can also work as jury members if you want.
- If your local Wikipedia is already participating, ask if you can help judge articles if you are interested.
- During the event: September 2021
- Use the Fountain tool, or else you and your participants' will not be able to receive the prize. Fountain tool can help you tracking participants' progress and judge the articles are qualified or not.
- Engage local editors and aim for maximum participation. Continue to call for participants to participate at the village pump, community bulletin board, mailing list, site notice, etc.
- Organize online and offline events for contest promotion and increase in participation.
- If you have expertise or skills in public relations, then you can help us get media coverage.
- Wrap-up: Before 31 October 2021
- According to the technique's limitation, WLW South Asia international team only collect the qualified participant list from Fountain tool.
- Make sure all the jury members judge all articles (which are submitted by participants) before October 31.
- Please update the final version of organizer and jury member list on this page.
Guidelines for Participants
- Find the language edition of Wikipedia you would like to edit, if they are participating.
- You have to be registered on Wikipedia to enter the contest. Register for Wikipedia if you have not done so.
- Read the rules listed below. It is really important that you follow the rules, otherwise your effort will be wasted.
- Choose articles about themes and topics related to Gender Gap and Women empowerment.
- Participants have to submit their contributions through the Fountain tool.
Rules of the contest
- The new article should have minimum 3000 bytes and 300 words.
- The article should not be machine translated.
- The article should be created between 1 September and 30 September.
- The article should be within gender discrimination, feminism, women's empowerment and related issues.
- There should be no copyright violations and notability issues and article should have proper references as per Wikipedia policies.