Wiki Project Med/Board/Meetings/2017-02-18
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the agenda for the board meeting to be held on February 18, 2017 from 16:00 to 18:00 UTC.
Meeting will take place via Google hangouts
- Approval of the agenda
- Approval of the minutes of the January 28, 2017 meeting
- Old business
- Formation of Governance Committee (see proposed resolution below)
- Authorize opening of bank account
- Discuss upcoming Wikimedia Conference in Berlin
- Strategy discussion
- New business
- Formalize activity expectations of board members
- Discuss situation regarding legal support
Governance Committee Resolution
- The Governance Committee ("Committee") is an advisory committee of the Board of Directors ("Board").
- The role of the Committee shall be to advise the Board on legal and governance matters relevant to the mission or business of the Corporation; and to assist the Board in preparing and reviewing policies, contracts, and other legal documents.
- The Committee shall not be authorized to act on behalf of the Board or the Corporation and shall serve only to advise the Board or to carry out tasks delegated by the Board.
- The Committee shall consist of several members that may, but need not, be Directors.
- The initial members of the Committee shall be Shani Evenstein, James Hare, James Heilman, and Carl-Fredrik Sjöland, with James Hare as chair.