Wiki for UN
Wiki for UN (full title: Wiki for United Nations) was a writing campaign for enriching Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects with content on topics related to the United Nations (UN) in order to commemorate 75 years from the foundation of the United Nations. The main goals of the campaign were to share knowledge about the UN's organisational structure and field of work in multiple languages, raise awareness about the activities and programmes that the organisation carries out throughout the world and lay grounds for more thorough coverage of topics related to the UN in the future.
The Charter of the United Nations came into force on 24 October 1945, which marked the foundation of the organisation known as United Nations. Therefore, the date of 24 October every year is commemorated as United Nations Day. The start of the campaign was on the United Nations Day and thus it took place from 24–31 October 2020.
- Start date and time: 24 October 2020, 10:00 (UTC).
- End date and time: 31 October 2020, 10:00 (UTC).
- Location: online.
- Language(s): all.
- Communication: Telegram channel.
Registration and reporting
- Step 1: Sign up for participation by adding your username to the list of participants.
- Step 2: Join the Telegram channel as a central place for communication to get in touch with other participants and coordinators.
- Step 3: Add your contributions in the appropriate sections of the results page.
You can share the campaign on the social media primarily using the hashtags: #WikiforUN and #WikiforUnitedNations. Other related hashtags that you can use are: #UN75, #UnitedNations75, #UNDay and #UnitedNationsDay.