Wikicamp Nepal 2018/Call for Participation
Expectation and Approach
The following are the expectations from the WCN 2018:
- Nepali Wikimedia community is diverse and unique with wikip(m)edians from different language community and multiple cultures. The WikiCamp Nepal aims to provide every contributors from different language communities to interact, to present, to share, to learn and to familiarize each other.
- To utilize the experienced and expert Wikimedians in the WikiCamp Nepal. We will plan to have an open discussion regarding Wikimedia projects.
The Wikicamp Nepal 2018 will have a mix of
- Invited Expert's speech
- Submitted presentations
- Open space meetings
- Lightning talks
- Poster presentations
Submissions will be reviewed and selected in advance by the program committee. Selection of the talks is the prerogative of the program committee and all decisions will be final and binding.
Submissions can be made online or via email. The online Submission link is placed at the bottom of this page. Before submitting the program proposals, please read the guidelines below.
This year's Camp offers four tracks for submissions: Technical, Outreach, Community Engagement and Others. Additionally papers are also invited in the areas of Open source software and technology.
- Bot and Auto Wiki Browser
- Wikimedia tools
- Wikimedia Codes and Gadgets
- Community best practices
- Focused community outreach
- Social media, print, visual media strategies
- Offline solution
- Community best practices
- Improvement for the existing Wikipedia Community in Nepal (Strength)
- Interaction within Wikimedia Communities (Communication)
- Gender Gap, Community Best practices
- Live more language from Incubator (Strategy)
- Safety and security
- Main section of Wikipedia (FA, QA, ITN, DYK, FP)
- History of Wikipedia's of Nepal
- Wikimedia Movement Strategy
The presentations should be in any of the tracks mentioned above. Each Track will have the following sessions:
- A 30 minutes talk, workshop, or a tutorial - 30 minutes (can be extended on need basis) presentation, talk or workshop. The expectation about the session is, to present innovative solution, present the existing issues and best practices from the communities.
- Lightning talks related to each track- Lightning talks related to each track.
- Posters - Some of the innovative ideas can be represented through posters.
Important dates (updated)
The deadline for submissions is given below:
- Call for proposals opens:
5 September 2018
- Deadline for proposals:
30 September 2018, 23:59:59
- Deadline for proposals submission only for female opportunity participants:
6 October 2018, 23:59:59
- Notification for accepted proposals:
15 October 2018